Thread: Video Coach disarms Oregon student

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Video Coach disarms Oregon student

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

What clip? All I saw was a walkie some woman picked up. Shotguns don’t use clips, and I don’t think that was a mag fed. The media is so ignorant about firearms.

Regardless, that guy has big balls and a lot of love for his fellow man.

Kid with the gun only gets 3 years probation?!!

Quote Originally Posted by smallwater View Post
    Kid with the gun only gets 3 years probation?!!
    Yeah, that’s some bullshit. Needs to be in a psych ward, at a minimum. They need to bring back the mental hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Yeah, that’s some bullshit. Needs to be in a psych ward, at a minimum. They need to bring back the mental hospitals.
    Agreed.

Yet the Libs think Guns are the problem, but here’s an example of how they are the ones contributing to it with their actions.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 10-20-2019 at 06:42 AM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    What clip? All I saw was a walkie some woman picked up. Shotguns don’t use clips, and I don’t think that was a mag fed. The media is so ignorant about firearms.

Regardless, that guy has big balls and a lot of love for his fellow man.
    The media is ignorant about pretty much everything. If the run a story about a subject I am familiar with it's wrong virtually 100% of the time. But what can you expect from people who go into journalism? What practical skills do they have?

This is why I prefer to read news wires, where they usually full stories without any opinion or spin. Anyway, the kid got 3 years of probation with mental and substance abuse treatment. He never threatened anyone and had the barrel under his chin. The kid pulled the trigger but gun didn’t fire and that’s when the teacher snatched the shotgun.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

News wires without a spin? Now I’ve heard it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    News wires without a spin? Now I’ve heard it all.
    News wire: a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:

ie, they typically print the subject, location, people involved, and verified facts.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

They omit facts inconvenient to their narrative also. Someone owns wire services.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    They omit facts inconvenient to their narrative also. Someone owns wire services.
    Ok playa

Probation. What a joke. Setting a horrible example. So if another student comes into a school with a gun and intentions to shoot others but fails, will he/she get probation too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    This is why I prefer to read news wires, where they usually full stories without any opinion or spin. Anyway, the kid got 3 years of probation with mental and substance abuse treatment. He never threatened anyone and had the barrel under his chin. The kid pulled the trigger but gun didn’t fire and that’s when the teacher snatched the shotgun.
    Roddie,

It would appear that you are 'mostly correct', for what it's worth, but I still throw a little salt on most of them... UNLESS they agree with my opinion.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/associated-press/

Overall, we rate the Associated Press borderline Left-Center Biased due to left leaning editorializing, but Least Biased on a whole due to balanced story selection. We also rate them Very-High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
    But then here's a couple with a slightly different opinion, although I can't ascertain the objectivity of the sites...

Here's an interesting chart that appears to be fairly accurate... from my perspective...

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-chart
    AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version1.1_0_Adj.jpg

Here's allsides.com's rating explanations...

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings

And Reuters...

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/reuters/

Overall, we rate Reuters Least Biased based on objective reporting and Very High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information with minimal bias.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 10-21-2019 at 11:00 AM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Roddie,

It would appear that you are 'mostly correct', for what it's worth, but I still throw a little salt on most of them... UNLESS they agree with my opinion.

But then here's a couple with a slightly different opinion, although I can't ascertain the objectivity of the sites...

Here's an interesting chart that appears to be fairly accurate... from my perspective...

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-chart
    AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version1.1_0_Adj.jpg

Here's allsides.com's rating explanations...

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings

And Reuters...
    My man. Thanks for the info. I usually read Reuters and AP