Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Boy that SEC is lights out, Mizzu drops game to 1 win Vandy

Every body is allowed to lose a crazy one every now and again, right? A Syracuse or a Pitt.....drop one like that and you still have to play who again for a conference championship?

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Every body is allowed to lose a crazy one every now and again, right? A Syracuse or a Pitt.....drop one like that and you still have to play who again for a conference championship?
    Better start playing better or they’ll get beat by Florida and Auburn. 35yds passing is 99.9% of the time a loss.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 10-21-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    An average to below average team in the SEC is still a long way ahead of most average to below average teams in other conferences.
    This is where we disagree.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I think most people miss the point. All the Power 5 conferences are not the same. An average to below average team in the SEC is still a long way ahead of most average to below average teams in other conferences. Take Tennessee for example. Program is in terrible shape. But they still recruit a top 15 class most years and have around 100,000 at Neyland. Would you rather plan Tennessee or someone like Georgia Tech (name any other bottom tier team in any conference). That's the main argument. You're much more likely to get beat by the bottom tier SEC teams than you are the bottom tier teams from other conferences. Going to Wake Forest in front of 25,000 fans is not a tough place to play, etc.
    Most teams would rather play Tenn. than Georgia State.

I was getting to this in the other thread.

In the sec you are pretty much given a loss as long as it does not mean you lose your division or the championship ( that’s a year to year thing). With that said is it harder to go undefeated in the Acc or one loss in the sec. I’m going to tell you undefeated in the acc. Mainly because you are not going to do that every year in any conference.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    This is where we disagree.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I'd like to know your reasoning.
    Average to below average teams in the SEC have higher ranking recruiting classes, spend more money, and have massive crowds at their home games (compared to other conferences). My argument is you don't see that in any other conference past the 3-4th best team.

Average to below average teams in the SEC have higher ranking recruiting classes, spend more money, and have massive crowds at their home games (compared to other conferences). My argument is you don't see that in any other conference past the 3-4th best team.
    So why did UNC and Virginia pound SC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did Texas beat UGA?

have massive crowds at their home games (compared to other conferences).
    Rednecks like shitty football teams and drinking beer at tailgates. This is not news.
    Last edited by tman; 10-21-2019 at 02:01 PM.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Why did LSU beat Texas this year.
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 10-21-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    So why did UNC and Virginia pound SC?

SEC teams lose all the time. Not denying that. My argument is would you rather play a schedule of teams full of top rated recruits in front of 80,000 people each week or play 2-3 stars in front of 30,000 people.

SEC teams lose all the time. Not denying that. My argument is would you rather play a schedule of teams full of top rated recruits in front of 80,000 people each week or play 2-3 stars in front of 30,000 people.
    I’d rather play whoever will allow me to win out and get to the playoffs so I can win the CFP.

Well if that's the case, then how does THE U manage to average 85k attendance and also be ranked 6th in ACC coastal????

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Why did LSU beat Texas this year.
    Because LSU is better. Pretty simple. Just like hook’em was better than UGA last year, and UofSC is this year.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I’d rather play whoever will allow me to win out and get to the playoffs so I can win the CFP.
    I can agree 100% with this.

just because you use good ingredients doesn't mean your cake wont taste like shit. Obviously Kirby is using Mark's Cookbook.

so now we have resorted to recruiting rankings? Guess how recruiting rankings are set. you get an offer from ole miss you get ranked higher than if you get an offer from Virginia tech. Its all a subjective circle jerk.

UNC beats USuC and nothing. USuC beats UGA and its the SEC Gauntlet. UNC plays Clemson close and ........ its because the ACC is weak? Bullshit. Transitive properties say that UNC would beat UGA. ESPN and the SEC are like the media and the democrats. Clemson loses to Alabama and its all Alabama all the time. Alabama gets drug up and down the field and crickets....

Line em up and lets play. I'll Take my Tigers and you can have the field. That bet has worked out pretty well over the last few years. Could Clemson lose? of course......but they might not. I'm sure there will be an excuse if they win.

FYI, I dont expect them to win it all this year, but they have just as good a chance as anyone in the field.
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 10-21-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Mediocre/shitty teams are all made equal, regardless of conference. It's called the eye test. What I see on the field is why I feel the way I do. And I'm just not impressed with what I see from the SEC week in, week out. Again, barring the standouts UGA and LSU (at times), Bama, Auburn has its moments, UF.

You can talk recruiting classes, facilities, etc till you're blue in the face, but all that crap does not a good football program make. All the evidence to back it up is right there in the SEC.

Just using this as an example... The records of SEC teams vs ACC teams doesn't help your argument, but solidifies mine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 10-21-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

No matter how you slice it, the Gamecocks suck and can't get away from the "my conference is better than yours" narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    No matter how you slice it, the Gamecocks suck and can't get away from the "my conference is better than yours" narrative.
    I agree the Gamecocks suck. But would you rather play them or Georgia Tech? That's my whole point. Carolina sucks for the most part but they've got enough talent to beat you if you don't play you're best.

I agree the Gamecocks suck. But would you rather play them or Georgia Tech? That's my whole point. Carolina sucks for the most part but they've got enough talent to beat you if you don't play you're best.
    I notice you didn’t use UVA or UNC as examples
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands