Thread: Be careful checking those sunflowers

Default Be careful checking those sunflowers

Yesterday I was checking our sunflowers. I grabbed the stalk turned the head up and went to rake my hand across the seeds to see how dry they were. Something caught my eye and I stopped and looked. I went to the next one. I thought it was a cool picture. It was left to its business.

182598C1-7400-4866-9F0D-1C488E26D0AC.jpg

That one would make you hurt a few days.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I really don't mind spiders - people at work will usually come and get me to save a wolf spider that ends up trapped indoors but...I flatten every black widow I find without remorse.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I’ve been bitten twice and they make you feel like crap for about a week. I hate all spiders equally and they all die with the exception of a writing spider (assuming I see it). If I don’t see it and I walk into its web, all bets are off.
    Last edited by sftull; 10-17-2019 at 05:47 AM.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

E493B07E-1B57-4A0C-A927-D10DDFE51B40.jpgwatch out for these bastard

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    I’ve been bitten twice and they make you feel like crap for about a week. I hate all spiders equally and they all die with the exception of a writing spider (assuming I see). If I don’t see it and I walk into its web, all bets are off.
    I find them all the time. Any tubular metal that has been sitting still for a month or so seems to have a black widow living in it. Summit Climbers x 2 this season.

I was working under a house years ago in my 20’s and had one of those things walk across the back of my hand. Never bit me, I think I threw it off too fast getting out of there. I think I hit my head on every floor joist coming out. I made the owner fumigate the entire crawl space while I recovered from the near heart attack and concussion I sustained. I can’t stand those things. Only spiders getting pass from me are wolf, daddy long legs and writing. Charlotte brings her web around I’ll burn it down.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Hey GUY!!!

JOHNSON ALERT

JOHNSON ALERT
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I planted a 2 acre watermelon field once. When we harvested them, 1 out of 4 had a black widow on the underside.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

careful checking the mailbox