Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: School Me on Waders

Same swamps one would rip them in after 2 years of ownership.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 10-16-2019 at 12:58 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I want to know what y'all do and where the hell y'all hunt to rip waders two days after buying them...
    Cyberscouter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    That was absolutely the case with Cabels waders in the past. I have no experience with their customer service since being bought by BPS, but have heard it is no where close to what it was in the past.
    It is now the same as BPS. No lifetime warranty on Cabela's brand products.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I want to know what y'all do and where the hell y'all hunt to rip waders two days after buying them...
    The banded waders have the main leg part and the outer shield, hunting a flooded bottom and a stick caught the outer sheath and ripped all the seams. But, my cabelas waders never lasted a full season without multiple days of patching seams with shoe goo. I do not understand how people say they get 5+ years out of waders.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

I've been in your shoes, and used to tear up waders, then I got a good pair and started caring for them properly, as well as doing preventative maintenance. I didn't change how I trounce thru swamps.

Or maybe I'm just lucky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Scott, I just want to see your big ass in a set of waders making your way through waist high water with alligators still out.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have years on a set of old canvas waders of mine. Moved from canvas to neoprene, first couple pairs sucked, but had multiple years on nicer lacrosse neoprene. I had several years on a set of cabelas ultimate Alaskan neoprene waders, probably from minimal use, those boogers were hot. The first set of hybrid neoprene/breathables I owned leaked after four uses. I have a cheaper set of lacrosse breathables that I'm on my third year with, might leak this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E View Post

Last edited by ADP; 10-16-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Buddy says we'll mostly be on lakes or backwater. What pattern is best for such areas?

If you're as big as you say you are, go with a solid dark color. You'll look like a big stump.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    If you're as big as you say you are, go with a solid dark color. You'll look like a big stump.
    He already does.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Buddy says we'll mostly be on lakes or backwater. What pattern is best for such areas?
    I’d get some of that blue water camo. Then the fish won’t see you.

Surprised no one has mentioned Sitka yet. Definitely have to sell a kidney but their warranty would be worth it

Dans has waders now. If they are anything like their other gear they should last.

https://danshuntinggear.com/bibs-frogger-bibs.html

Take a look at Rogers Sporting Goods brand. They make waders for us big guys. I have a pair of the Toughman neoprene and they are great for extreme cold. I just bought a pair of their breathables and I like the way they fit.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

i'm not sure why this thread is continuing, but cant a really big fella fit in normal waders? I mean the damn things are HUGE.

Stop worrying about all this crap and pick a wader in your price range with the right shoe size. If you wanna buy the "12M STOUT" just hit that button a roll on.

I still vote for breathables and all these people that "hunt hard" and rip waders like nobodies business are probably just full of shit. I've had seams leak but never blamed a briar.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You underestimate their tubbiness

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i'm trying to be cordial....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.