Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: School Me on Waders

Default School Me on Waders

Been invited to hunt with a good buddy of mine as much as I want this coming season. Wanna get some decent waders without having to sell a kidney. Where do I start? Brands? Pattern(s)? Features? Thanks in advance.

What size foot do you have. I’m sure mine are to small but if your not a big dude you can have mine. They are brand new cabelas waders.

Cabelas waders have served me well. Make sure you get a pocket on the front of the chest.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Waders are generally disappointing. Cabelas customer service and return policy makes their waders less disappointing.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

If you are hunting in SC, get breathables. I have the Academy brand, game winner. They have worked well for me. Only complaint I have with them, is the boot runs small, compared to others. Get a size larger, if you go that route.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Waders are generally disappointing. Cabelas customer service and return policy makes their waders less disappointing.
    That was absolutely the case with Cabels waders in the past. I have no experience with their customer service since being bought by BPS, but have heard it is no where close to what it was in the past.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,

Thomas Jefferson

breathables.
    and why do you need customer service? I just dont get that. Waders leak when you rip them.
    You people would try to return a kidney to God if you could....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I second the academy brand game winner. Sounds like you don't use them very often, they hold up and won't break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    What size foot do you have. I’m sure mine are to small but if your not a big dude you can have mine. They are brand new cabelas waders.
    Unfortunately, I'm the size and shape of a bear, so that ain't gon' work. I do, however, truly appreciate the gesture, brother.

What the heck is rip-stop? Buddy said he prefers waders with rip-stop? What say you?

Cabelas have gone to hell before the BP buyout. Used to get a few years out of them, past few pairs dont hardly make it out the box without leaking around the boot seam.

breathables.
    and why do you need customer service? I just dont get that. Waders leak when you rip them.
    You people would try to return a kidney to God if you could....
    Agreed. Damn, did I really just say that.

Only waders I have ever returned, leaked the first time I wore them. I probably have 6 or 7 pair in my shed. Only the newest pair doesn't have shoe goo or aqua seal smeared all over them. When my waders start leaking, I patch them, and order a new pair.

Thomas Jefferson

feels good, dont it

ripstop is silly
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

They all suck. They all have terrible customer service.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

This is the Academy brand that I have. They've changed the brand name, and made some changes. The old ones use to be around $130-140. They would put them on sale for $99. That when I would buy them. Looks like they've added shell loops to the front, and zippers on the sides.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/mag...dCatid=7149615

Thomas Jefferson

I pretty much agree with 2th on returning waders. Only way I would do it is if they leaked the first time I wore them.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Have had a pair of Cabelas neoprene that lasted 5+ years of hunting. Have a pair of the breathable waders going on 3ish seasons.

Love the breathables and got mine in tall which is nice. Can layer up if needed. Would not get another pair of neoprene again.

Saw a commercial for these new Drake "tear away" breathables or something. Interesting but seems overkill. https://www.drakewaterfowl.com/pages/new-2019-waders

I have a pair of Mad Dog 3.5mm neoprene waders that I've hunted every season since 2007. I have also bought cabelas, frogg togg, academy brand, cabelas breathable, and another pair of cabelas neoprene...... When those mad dogs finally give up, I will be heartbroken.
    Last edited by tman; 10-16-2019 at 07:28 AM.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

I had a pair of LaCrosse that lasted for 7 years. I've got some Cabelas now but I've heard nothing but good stuff about Banded.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Been invited to hunt with a good buddy of mine as much as I want this coming season. Wanna get some decent waders without having to sell a kidney. Where do I start? Brands? Pattern(s)? Features? Thanks in advance.
    I got a set for you.. the belt just doesn't tighten up enough for me. I'm like 5 11, in the winter I get up to 190 something. I can't adjust them enough where they won't fall around my ass. I can't remember if they're the instinct Warrior by Cabela's or some nice lacrosse set. I've been wearing my back up cheaper lacrosse breathables, buying another pair here shortly
    Last edited by Highstrung; 10-16-2019 at 07:39 AM.