Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Looked most of the day yesterday to no avail. Jumped a big buck up on a small island in the swamp but couldn’t tell if it was him or or not. The only thing I’m hoping for at this point is that my eyes fooled me and I hit higher than I thought and only got one lung. I would of had a dog on him that night if he wasn’t in waist deep water. With as many cottonmouths as I stepped around in two days I’d be afraid to take a dog in there anyways even if the water wasn’t so deep. I’ve got my fingers crossed that he’s still alive but I’ll be looking for buzzards for the next couple weeks. I’m gonna go shoot a half dozen does now until I get my confidence back up.
    Is the idea here being that if you only got one lung, the deer might survive? I'm not challenging that, but it would surprise me.
    Carolina Counsel

he dead
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Is the idea here being that if you only got one lung, the deer might survive? I'm not challenging that, but it would surprise me.
    That’s what I’m hoping for, it’s possible even though it’s a slim chance. He’s probably dead though, looked like it blew through both lungs to me. I’ve replayed the shot over in my head a hundred times and can’t make it make sense. Unfortunately my cameras sd card was full so it didn’t get the shot on video. I know it probably sounds like I’m contradicting myself but I’m just rambling at this point. Been a while since I lost one with the bow but I’m sure it won’t be the last.
    Last edited by Coastal Woodie; 10-16-2019 at 08:08 AM.

812A628F-3CB6-451B-9A04-34DEB3FAF95F.jpg8A7181AE-A257-4DEA-BD2B-E32F28BB004C.jpg3D6E6087-BEEB-4DBB-B69F-1A0F101E9EF7.jpg

Well he’s alive and well. Shot was high but it should have exited mid body on the other side. It didn’t..... Looks like it somehow deflected and went out between his shoulders. Deer was broadside when I shot. I’m glad to see he is still around.

Wow that's nuts. Good luck!

Quite a story for his grandchilluns’.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

tough critters for sure. Glad for you that he made it. and ignore the idiots. Way more deer lost to shotguns and rifles than with well place bow shots. Hope you get another shot at him!

Don’t know if I’d say he’s well.

Yeah he'll shrivel up and drop his horns by mid December.

praying for him

No mans land. He will be fine
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by head hunter View Post
    tough critters for sure. Glad for you that he made it. and ignore the idiots. Way more deer lost to shotguns and rifles than with well place bow shots. Hope you get another shot at him!
    If he had a rifle in his hands that would have been a dead deer and not a wounded one.

Nobody's ever fucked the dog on a rifle shot. And had the manberries to admit it on a forum.

Here's for the critics.

I’m not saying he won’t be alright. I’m just saying if I got shot through the chest with a bow, two weeks later i wouldn’t be telling people I was doing well. It probably gave him some serious wood cred though.

My neighbor had a buck he was after last year. Had a guest shoot him in the neck. Rifle. When he got to the deer it jumped up and ran off. My neighbor killed the deer this year. Big hole in the neck. 21FBC85A-E0E4-4913-A0A3-8A8124AB5719.jpeg

Both shots above the spine. The bow shot deflected off the spine and exited high...hard to believe it didn’t at least stun the spinal cord enough to temporarily drop him. I’d like to know what kind of bullets the rifle dood was shooting...seems like the hydrostatic shock energy would have disrupted the spinal cord and dropped that deer in its tracks. Crazy stuff.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Look at it this way. He gonna be hungry and easier to kill. This time burn his ass with some powder!!!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    My neighbor had a buck he was after last year. Had a guest shoot him in the neck. Rifle. When he got to the deer it jumped up and ran off. My neighbor killed the deer this year. Big hole in the neck. 21FBC85A-E0E4-4913-A0A3-8A8124AB5719.jpeg
    .22?

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    Doesn’t seem like it affected his horns.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Look at it this way. He gonna be hungry and easier to kill. This time burn his ass with some powder!!!
    Yes sir, I'll be back after him if he keeps showing up.