Thread: Tri-fold bed cover

Default Tri-fold bed cover

Starting to research tri fold bed covers. What do y'all have?

I'd like one that I can quickly take off by myself and store.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Extang trifecta 2.0
    Originally Posted by VaTransplantDuckHunter
    If scducks were to give out Emmys you would get one Robbos!

Have you looked at retractables? I love my Retraxx.....

I've considered them, but I also want to be able to take the entire cover off quickly.

The trifecta is looking like a good option at the moment.

We bought a $100 tri fold to use for a trip to Disney with my wife's truck, tonneau pro, it's now been used and on the truck for 5 years continuous, still in good condition and water tight, easy removal and install by 1 person in about 2 minutes and can just be folded back to the single section by the cab and strapped if you need.

Wife just said it cost $199
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 10-15-2019 at 08:37 AM.

I have been considering one from Diamond back truck covers.

get a gator. Bought online. Ships to your house. About a 30 minute install.

I have the Extang Trifecta 2.0. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    We bought a $100 tri fold to use for a trip to Disney with my wife's truck, tonneau pro, it's now been used and on the truck for 5 years continuous, still in good condition and water tight, easy removal and install by 1 person in about 2 minutes and can just be folded back to the single section by the cab and strapped if you need.

Wife just said it cost $199
    That's the brand I have but the hard cover tri fold, my son was shooting the rifle off it in the prone last weekend. I bought it used from a dude in my hood, so it has to be close to 10 years old. It has been beat to hell but still keeps the water, for the most part, out. I need to pull it off and do a little maintenance on it.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    That's the brand I have but the hard cover tri fold, my son was shooting the rifle off it in the prone last weekend. I bought it used from a dude in my hood, so it has to be close to 10 years old. It has been beat to hell but still keeps the water, for the most part, out. I need to pull it off and do a little maintenance on it.
    Ours has an aluminum frame with the black fabric cover. I never would have one because I always have a tool box, but my wife wanted one on her truck to keep luggage/groceries etc out of the weather. Works great. Someone was in the process of stealing it at Publix one day and was interrupted, we camo out to find the tail gate open, both rear latched unlocked and the cover folded back 1 flip

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Ours has an aluminum frame with the black fabric cover. I never would have one because I always have a tool box, but my wife wanted one on her truck to keep luggage/groceries etc out of the weather. Works great. Someone was in the process of stealing it at Publix one day and was interrupted, we camo out to find the tail gate open, both rear latched unlocked and the cover folded back 1 flip
    I had a bunch of hail damage to mine that you could only see in the aluminum when it was flipped up. Insurance paid me for it but I kept the old one since it still kept the back dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I want one that has the metal backing to give me a little bit more sense of security when it's all closed and the tailgate is locked. Looks like the tonnopro is one of the few that offer that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    I think I want one that has the metal backing to give me a little bit more sense of security when it's all closed and the tailgate is locked. Looks like the tonnopro is one of the few that offer that feature.
    It may stop the passer By type thief cruising a parking lot but if they want in, they will get it. The only thing “locking” it down are two plastic clamps grabbing the bottom of the bed rail. But it’s better than just the cam is cover. Like I said my kids can stand on the hard tonopro trifold I have

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    It may stop the passer By type thief cruising a parking lot but if they want in, they will get it. The only thing “locking” it down are two plastic clamps grabbing the bottom of the bed rail. But it’s better than just the cam is cover. Like I said my kids can stand on the hard tonopro trifold I have

Totally agree. I was thinking more pocket knife cutting through the fabric.