Thread: Varget

Default Varget

Anyone know where there is some in stock? Looking to buy an 8# jug.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/05/hod...#axzz62NUXnHbv

nevermind- all their links are sold out
    Last edited by bitesize; 10-14-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Yeah, sold out about everywhere.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Blue Collar Reloading. Husband and wife team. They had 8# jugs of H4350 when nobody else did.

https://www.bluecollarreloading.com/

I've got 90 or so pounds of it in the big kegs if you can't find any I'll parcel 8lbs out for you.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Now you’re just bragging.....

I ordered some RL 15 and 4895 since the burn rate is pretty much the same, see if I can duplicate with them.

Might try the Shooters World also. I spoke with them at the GAP Grind. It's the old Accurate powder from back in the day.

https://shootersworldpowder.com/

https://shootersworldpowder.com/cani...pellants/#burn
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 10-16-2019 at 06:28 AM.

Found 4# of Varget at PSA in Mt. Pleasant.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Varget is one of my go-to powders. The only negative that I have seen is some lot to lot burn rate inconsistency. Great temperature stability though......but you already know that. ��
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I ordered some RL 15 and 4895 since the burn rate is pretty much the same, see if I can duplicate with them.
    RL 15 is a damn fine 308 and 223 Powder. As good as anything I’ve used in either. Just not as good at temp extremes as Varget. Unless your ammo is stored in a hot vehicle in Afghanistan or Iraqi and your shooting long range 5-600+, you’ll never see the difference. It may actually give better accuracy in your rifle than Varget. It’s worth a try.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

RL-15 and a 150gr. Accubond (of all things......go figure???) is the most accurate load at 300 yards of anything that I have yet to shoot in my .308. 8208 and a 175 SMK is 2nd best. Only negative to that rifle is that it is terribly picky about cleaning.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.