Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prayers for 5th grade student at Concord Elementary in Anderson

I haven’t seen any updates today. My wife works Laurens 55 and I teach at PTC in Gwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by HTFireMedic View Post
    I haven’t seen any updates today. My wife works Laurens 55 and I teach at PTC in Gwood.

As of right now all that is being said is broken wrist and "severe neck injuries"

Talked with our Superintendent this am and as of then no updates

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers the young student and family can really use those as well as the other students and staff at Concord Elementary School

Prayers sent to the GOOD LORD.

Knee Mail again.

Steve

Any updates on the kid this afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    Any updates on the kid this afternoon?

All I can say is this child and parents are still in dire need of prayers as of my report this am.

I’m wondering if it’s a C1-C2 fracture. Atlas and Axis are the worst possible fracs to have. I haven’t heard much at all, but I haven’t worked in Anderson either. I have worked a few really bad spinal injuries in my career, including a T9 (nipple line). The last two that have had a 1-5% chance of walking have been taken to Greenville, by helo, and are walking again.
    I know that both of the kids were below age 20, and they worked hard to get back moving. Lots of prayer, lots of work, and lots of therapy!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by HTFireMedic View Post
    I’m wondering if it’s a C1-C2 fracture. Atlas and Axis are the worst possible fracs to have. I haven’t heard much at all, but I haven’t worked in Anderson either. I have worked a few really bad spinal injuries in my career, including a T9 (nipple line). The last two that have had a 1-5% chance of walking have been taken to Greenville, by helo, and are walking again.
    I know that both of the kids were below age 20, and they worked hard to get back moving. Lots of prayer, lots of work, and lots of therapy!

Thanks man, we have a board meeting tomorrow night and I am sure we will be brought up to speed (not how much I can say but will update as much as possible )

Talked with Asst Superintendent today and he said watching the security cam video is nauseating, he has used that exact swing for his young son.

Really makes you realize how quick life can change 180 degrees

Appreciate all the thoughts and prayers folks