Thread: snakehead in GA

How do you rid a pond of snakeheads? I would think that by just applying rotenone, they would hit the land and look for another body of water.

I'd sure like to see a video of some of you trying to release the hook on one of those creatures..

" the power of Christ compels you"

The NBA is in full support of snakeheads.

I'm only worried about chicken heads

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I want some peacock bass.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Convicts, just like everything else in Georgia, especially their football teams.

Everybody worried about snakeheads and have been for 10 years or better. The only place they have been able to make a stronghold is parts of broward county in South Florida. I wouldn't be the least bit concerned in GA. This winter, they'll be dead as doornails.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

You may be wrong. They’ve been documented in the Potomac.

They’ve been caught in the Ashley and cooper rivers.

https://chesapeakebaymagazine.com/ri...nakeheads/?amp

https://www.bayjournal.com/article/s...harm_after_all

It's been 17 years since they were first detected in the Potomac. They've spread to eastern shore up the Susquehanna. Winter is nothing to snakeheads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

I heard they’re delicious...

Damn, Ricky Chen been busy.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    They’ve been caught in the Ashley and cooper rivers.
    I believe you're mistaken....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I went up to the Potomac in 2017 with Brandon to prefish for a FLW event (when he broke his ankle) and I was shocked how many of these things he caught. He would get a bite on top water and automatically say snakehead or not. If they missed the bait he could throw back in there and catch them pretty quick-very aggressive. He did say quite a few of the FLw guys had cleaned and cooked them. Probably had 20+ in three days of fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    I believe you're mistaken....
    You’re right. I just re-read the article I was looking at about the Ashley River. It was talking about the differences between the snakehead and bowfin. Not that they were actually in the river. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Otter 1200 View Post
    I went up to the Potomac in 2017 with Brandon to prefish for a FLW event (when he broke his ankle) and I was shocked how many of these things he caught. He would get a bite on top water and automatically say snakehead or not. If they missed the bait he could throw back in there and catch them pretty quick-very aggressive. He did say quite a few of the FLw guys had cleaned and cooked them. Probably had 20+ in three days of fishing.
    Invasive species will be the end game for our local flora and fauna, know that!
    Keep fighting the good fight and be vigilant for newbies be it TSA, cogongrass, snakehead, you name it....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

There are two kinds of snakeheads in the US now. Bullseye are only in south Florida, and northern are all over.

They are in the Delaware River which begins in NY state, and runs the border between NJ and PA. Not sure how far north in the river they have been caught, but they are there.