Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump double crosses Kurds

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    If Turkey starts with Syria too much could Putin step in?
    Step in?

Syria is Russia's ONLY foreign port. They are Russia's ticket to the Mediterranean. The only reason Assad is still alive is because of Russia. They will defend their puppet until the end.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

https://buchanan.org/blog/is-trump-a...83#more-137583

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. That’s what I was getting at Josie. Just wondering what people that are more in the know than me thought.

“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Step in?

Syria is Russia's ONLY foreign port. They are Russia's ticket to the Mediterranean. The only reason Assad is still alive is because of Russia. They will defend their puppet until the end.
    No. Not to the Med. To the Suez Canal is the answer that you are looking for...

Who cares? I never cared. Alliances change all the time. No one bled for the Kurds. They bled for the American to their left and right and that’s the end of it.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

If reports are accurate we had 150 to 200 troops there. Turkey may not mess with the area for fear of American casualties. Otherwise, those aren't many troops to have in harms way. They have been fighting in the ME for eternity. Time for us to turn the Jews loose and let them handle it. We've been over there forever and there's no end in sight. I support Trump-bring em home.

Agreed. We have the Cali cartel brothers locked up here. One at FCI Edgefield the other at FCI Butner...

The United States of America absolutely supported their endeavors for years...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    No. Not to the Med. To the Suez Canal is the answer that you are looking for...
    Their naval base in Tartus is what I was looking for.

Russia’s interest in Syria is gas, oil and access to the eastern Mediterranean basin for exploration/exploitation by Russian energy oligarchs. Putin’s friends.

Putin’s long game is to control the energy sector. See his interest in Syria, the Black Sea corridors and especially the arctic.

Syria is key to this strategy. If he can get Turkey on board even further then that’s a win too.

Here is an article on it.

https://intpolicydigest.org/2019/05/...ests-in-syria/
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Let them kill each other and then we'll have to fight the winner. There will never be peace in that region and if you think keeping 50 Americans there from now till Jesus comes back will keep it peaceful then you're delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Raid View Post
    If reports are accurate we had 150 to 200 troops there. Turkey [did not] mess with the area for fear of American casualties. Otherwise, those aren't many troops to have in harms way
    No it is not and those troops were in little danger with zero casualties reported.

However Afghanistan is wild right now with 17 KIA to date this year and scores WIA.
    Every single active duty SFG has lost dudes there this year.
    One of my good friends just came back and he said the amount of contact they made was unreal.
    He was there the day that SF dude & EOD guy were killed and they had multiple US mil WIA on his deployment.

Shit pisses me off - why won’t Trump pull us out of there too then?
    I would be singing his praises on that one.
    How bad would it suck to be the very last guy to be KIA in Afghanistan just to give it all back to the Taliban?
    Last edited by walt4dun; 10-10-2019 at 06:02 PM.

The problems we have at home are big enough for me not to worry about what is happening over there right now. We need to tend to our business before we have no business.

Turkey and the Kurds is a long standing beef. Tribal ware fare has been going on in the Middle East as long as man has inhabited the place. We have obligation to the Kurds. We accomplished our objective of destroying isis. Time to come home. We are not the world police.

I wish we'd broken our promise to South Vietnam about seven years sooner than we did.

Weekender - like 10

My opinion on COIN is as soon as we start caring more than they do or the puppet govt goes corrupt, it’s time to quit, immediately.
    Unfortunately the Kurds were good dudes and were doing what they said they would and we are bailing on them.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 10-10-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Weekender - like 10

My opinion on COIN is as soon as we start caring more than they do or the puppet govt goes corrupt, it’s time to quit, immediately.
    Unfortunately the Kurds were good dudes and were doing what they said they would and we are bailing on them.
    Agreed, and most haven’t had that experience.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Spec Ops community is buzzing.
    A couple of anonymous interviews have supposedly happened.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

My military science professor, Col Lackey who many El CID grads here may know, at The Citadel told us a similar story of how the US crapped on the Montagnards in Vietnam and how heart broken he was about it as he was in the Central Highlands advising them when the plug was pulled. Left em flapping. They were also good guys that were subsequently slaughtered.

https://www.ikn.army.mil/apps/MIHOF/...ey,%20John.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    Spec Ops community is buzzing.
    A couple of anonymous interviews have supposedly happened.
    They are pissed for sure and I understand their frustration.

But they don’t set strategic policy. They execute it. If they don’t like it they need to bounce and run for office.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    I don't disagree X 100.
    But I feel like once you make a mess, you have to clean it up best one can before you pop smoke or you create a worse situation.
    Yes its time to leave those places, I just hate to see good people like the Kurds lied to and hung out to dry. Not the first time the US has done something like this...
    Jokes on THEIR dumbasses for believing US politicians asking for their help I guess...

Also - it has become clear'er to me why the Trump admin has such a high turnover rate. These folks are hanging their professional reputations out there based on promises they are told to make and then made to look like fools when the rug get snatched out from under them. None of us would work for a boss like that for long. All in the name of America first! Which has the markets up so hell yeah jump on over to the private sector and make some money.

The place was in turmoil before we got there and it will be after we leave no matter when we leave.

They are arguing over who will crawl out of a well for goodness sakes.

Leaving 150 soldiers over there serves no purpose other than act as a trip wire to cause us to be drawn into a large scale conflict. Imagine if a attack were to happen and kill half of them? Then we would be obligated to go in and do something. If we don't have those 150 guys there it doesn't matter how rowdy they wanna get.

If one of our soldiers gets killed we owe it to them to kill 1k of the other side or more. But if one camel jockey falls in the desert who will hear it?

It has no bearing on our blood and fortunes. Which we have spent far too much on already!!

They will blame us if we are there, and they will blame us if we are not there.

We are not the Mahdi.

But we are AMERICA FIRST!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot