Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trail Camera

I’ve never had any luck with Moultries. I have 5 Browning’s out right now and I’ve had problems with one, it keeps getting water in it. The rest have been flawless for 3 years. I just sent a Covert back that lasted less than a week and have 2 more that I haven’t had any issues with. Seems like every brand has a few problems.

I've had Moultrie, Cuddeback, and Bushnells for years. This year I went with Stealthcam DSK4's and have been very pleased. Great picture quality, long battery life, and are highly rated on Trailcam Pro. I ordered off Amazon and there are some deals that include SD Cards and Readers thrown in.

Good luck.

Thanks, yall. I'm looking into all of these.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Y’all must be buying some browning cameras from the flea market or something. Between my club in NC and in Ohio we’re running north of 100 cameras. Browning is consistently the best brand out there. For pic quality, battery life, longevity, and other relative pain in the ass factors browning has been the best by a wide margin.

And if you have an issue with browning you call the number on the inside of the camera and talk to a real live American that’ll help you troubleshoot the issue. If they can’t get it right they will send you a new one if it’s in warranty without a lot of fuss.

I had an issue with a few eating batteries a couple years ago. Called the number, they told me the battery trays in that model were pieces of shit and it was a known issue, they sent me a box full of new battery trays and a 50% off coupon for 1 future camera.
    If longevity battery life and customer service is your gig.
    Buckeye and Reconyx

Close the book and go home.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    If longevity battery life and customer service is your gig.
    Buckeye and Reconyx

Close the book and go home.
    I keep hearing this about the Reconyx. I guess I'm stupid because I bet I've bought 40 cams over the years, but never a really good quality one. I've tried Cuddes, Moultires, Skypoint, Cabelas, Primos, and currently run about 10 brownings. None of them have been really reliable. I like the Brownings, but they're just inconsistent. I have some that last 5 years and others than don't make it 2.

How is the midlevel Reconyx? Hyperfire 2 or some such? Seems to be a bit more affordable than some of the models.
    Carolina Counsel

Spypoint force 20 will probly be your best picture quality for the money. 20 mp at $99
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Default Trail Camera

I am strongly considering Exodus trail cameras for my next one.

Outstanding 5 year Warranty (even partially covers theft) and direct to consumer marketing to keep costs down. They also have a cell camera but can’t keep them in stock due to demand.

https://exodusoutdoorgear.com

Anyone have any experience with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 10-10-2019 at 07:06 PM.

I bought the brownings with good reviews and they have been great. I have 7-8 out now.

I bought two SPYPOINT evos and that’s a game changer for me. Cell cams are a different ballgame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk