Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trail Camera

Default Trail Camera

I know this comes up every year, but they change every year, so here goes.

I need a new trail camera. I only need it to take good still pics. Don't need video or cellular. I just want one that takes good clear pictures. The one I have now takes blurry pictures if the deer is moving ever so slightly, so I guess I'm looking for one with more stabilization. This is only used in my back yard, so the cheaper, the better...as long as it gets the job done.

Hit me with the knowledge!
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

The Bushnells under $100 have work great for me
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 10-09-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Browning makes a good trail camera for around $100.

I got rid of all the turd cameras I had and started running Moultrie M-50i and M-990i cameras. Middle of the road price that takes very good pictures. The first 990i I bought had the same lithium batteries for 3 years. Probably took 30k pics on that set.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I use Bushnell Trophy Cam HD. Simple, clear, and around 100 each. No complaints.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    I got rid of all the turd cameras I had and started running Moultrie M-50i and M-990i cameras. Middle of the road price that takes very good pictures. The first 990i I bought had the same lithium batteries for 3 years. Probably took 30k pics on that set.

WOW on the battery life

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    WOW on the battery life
    Only reason I changed them was they started to corrode. The battery life thing still had something like 80%.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Browning

Browning. Pick your model based on features. Close thread.

Best deal going right now. I’ve got 4 brownings and have had issues with 3 of the 4
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021089214?pid=680444
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Photoshop a option these days, I need to erase some spots so I feel better about shooting

Brownings eat batteries like smarties and are fickle on recognizing sd cards.

Bushnell beats browning by a mile. Never a problem with mine.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Y’all must be buying some browning cameras from the flea market or something. Between my club in NC and in Ohio we’re running north of 100 cameras. Browning is consistently the best brand out there. For pic quality, battery life, longevity, and other relative pain in the ass factors browning has been the best by a wide margin.

And if you have an issue with browning you call the number on the inside of the camera and talk to a real live American that’ll help you troubleshoot the issue. If they can’t get it right they will send you a new one if it’s in warranty without a lot of fuss.

I had an issue with a few eating batteries a couple years ago. Called the number, they told me the battery trays in that model were pieces of shit and it was a known issue, they sent me a box full of new battery trays and a 50% off coupon for 1 future camera.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Y’all must be buying some browning cameras from the flea market or something. Between my club in NC and in Ohio we’re running north of 100 cameras. Browning is consistently the best brand out there. For pic quality, battery life, longevity, and other relative pain in the ass factors browning has been the best by a wide margin.

And if you have an issue with browning you call the number on the inside of the camera and talk to a real live American that’ll help you troubleshoot the issue. If they can’t get it right they will send you a new one if it’s in warranty without a lot of fuss.

I had an issue with a few eating batteries a couple years ago. Called the number, they told me the battery trays in that model were pieces of shit and it was a known issue, they sent me a box full of new battery trays and a 50% off coupon for 1 future camera.
    I’ve got about 15 brownings and like them. I do have one that eats batteries. It’s like the tray does not seat right sometime that causes a problem. I’ll call them. Thanks for the tip

I bought one from sportsman's warehouse. It's a piece of shit. That's 100% of the brownings I've owned.

i have some brownings that are quirky with SD cards. some seem to eat batteries but not good batteries. that's why threads like this are fucking stupid.

or people that send me a pic and its a crisp, clear daytime pic and they think they got the best deal on a camera, ever. its not.

to the OP....look at megapixels and trigger speed. that seems to be what you need. I am pretty sure cameras have 12-16mp these days. that's a decent camera. your blurriness is likely nighttime pics and that is just gonna happen in most inexpensive cameras. i dont like corn but at least it keeps deer still for the pic. you can obviously create a better shot in your own backyard.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Moultrie cameras have been very good for me.

I personally run Brownings and Coverts. Ran Moultries in the past until started having reliability issues.

Below you will find tons of reviews, comparisons, and also you can see how they test them to come up with their recommendations.

https://www.trailcampro.com/collecti...camera-reviews

The Brownings Ive ran have been junk. The best cameras Ive owned have been the Moultries from the past 2-3 years. Like the ones VG posted up.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?