Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You Can't Cheat the Game

That last second TD was about Vegas.....know that

Jimbo and Dabo sure as hell did

i agree.
    but clemson still dominated on defense.
    we can see that, right? even without the last second TD after calling two timeouts against the 2nd and 3rd teams.

I mean, its obvious to you and me, right?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

No, all they see Clemson as the team that played UNC. There is no logic Clemson blew out Alabama and they still would give them credit because of SOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    No, all they see Clemson as the team that played UNC. There is no logic Clemson blew out Alabama and they still would give them credit because of SOS.
    I think there is plenty of logic. An easy schedule pays huge dividends in January. 1. Less injuries by playing inferior athletes. 2. The team is able to play second and third string which increases depth.

You really believe that.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    I think there is plenty of logic. An easy schedule pays huge dividends in January. 1. Less injuries by playing inferior athletes. 2. The team is able to play second and third string which increases depth.
    Wouldn’t they be able to play 2nd and 3rd string if they were sustaining all those team-wide injuries you think everyone with tough schedules experiences?

you people realize that college athletes are all pretty good, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you people realize that college athletes are all pretty good, right?
    Nah man, players only get hurt when they play ranked teams.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Nah man, players only get hurt when they play ranked teams.
    If the first team only plays half the game, it stands to reason that they will stay healthier than a first team that has to play the whole game. Well, at least it's reasonable, to reasonable folks.
    Last edited by MKW; 10-09-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    If the first team only plays half the game, it stands to reason that they will stay healthier than a first team that has to play the whole game. Well, at least it's reasonable, to reasonable folks.
    Wait!!! That's logical...

Bamas margin of victory last year was greater than Clemson’s. If Saban didn’t play other guys it was only to pad the Hawaiian or team stats. He had every opportunity to get 2nd and 3rd string guys snaps, but chose not to.
    That being the case what is all this except a preemptive excuse.

what percentage of players get hurt and miss a game?

what percentage of players get hurt and miss a game?
    66 1/3 percent of lil’ brothers quarterbacks, it would seem.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Bamas margin of victory last year was greater than Clemson’s. If Saban didn’t play other guys it was only to pad the Hawaiian or team stats. He had every opportunity to get 2nd and 3rd string guys snaps, but chose not to.
    That being the case what is all this except a preemptive excuse.
    Do you know for a fact that Saban didn't play or chose not to play his 2nd and 3rd string last year?

The fact is he did play them and it made no difference. Clemson had the better team when they played.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

The fact is he did play them and it made no difference. Clemson had the better team when they played.
    Blasphemy. Keep talking that way and Bart is going to challenge you to say something “cogent”.

Or maybe call you ‘pot’.

Stuff like that really hurts bo.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Do you know for a fact that Saban didn't play or chose not to play his 2nd and 3rd string last year?

Why yes I do. I’ll see if I can find the stat. If I remember correctly Clemson played around 65 players per game, Saban played around 45. And yes Clemson was the better team last year, and may well be by the end of this year.

Maybe you could post some articles on the team morale in Columbia? They’re probably aren’t any though, because the coots remain irrelevant and no one cares or notices.

To be a coot you post more about Clemson than even ECU does. It’s well known he doesn’t really give a shit. Clemson really seems to genuinely occupy your head. Lookin forward you some coot posts.

ranked 24 currently.
    I think they were 11 when we played them??

I'm good at math.
    oh, so they have gotten worse or they were over ranked pre-season? I see now

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    So let me see if I'm understanding this correctly, late touchdowns only count when Clemson is trying to make a score look better late in a game when they could've been kneeling on it. Buuuuuuuut when another team scores a late touchdown on them it doesn't count because Clemson was playing the cheerleaders and coach's sons........ got it.
    you are catching on, slowly I will admit, but you are still catching on

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    don't bring logic up in here, you will twist their feeble minds like a pretzle

And yet no one has answered 2th’s question.