Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buzzards In The Hole

Birds of prey center took dead ones at least one time and hung them by their feet on some power poles or a cell tower if I recall correctly and the live ones left....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. I jest. A few years ago I was heading up the grade from Greenville to Hendersonville on 25 one morning , and some Buzzards came across the road low.
    Well one did his thing and it landed square on my truck windshield. Looked worse than a baby diaper. My first instinct was to hit the washer fluid/wiper button. WRONG MOVE.
    It just smeared a 1/8 layer of yellow shit from side to side. Had to pull over and clean it off with some rags and bottles of water. I’ve got a strong stomach for things like that, but that stuff would gag a maggot.
    Don’t wish that on me man.

Rotten animal vomit aint no joke.

You should see it when they take over and nest in a deer stand. Best thing to do is burn the thing down with them in it.
    For the ducks

Big ducks shy away from buzzards......and according to you it's a wood duck hole.

I would think the Greatest Of All Time wouldn't be worrying about would ducks and buzzards. Go find some big ducks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

One of our holes has buzzards on it all the time. Killed I can’t tell you how many woodies and mallards out of it. They don’t affect us. Once we start shooting they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by ceddy View Post
    You should see it when they take over and nest in a deer stand. Best thing to do is burn the thing down with them in it.
    Happened to my buddy. He said the shit and vomit was worse than one can imagine. He dealt with the nest appropriately.
    Carolina Counsel

Dead ones will keep the others away, or so I’ve heard.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    You realize you can semi domesticate and train a buzzard doncha? I've mentioned this before, back years ago at the hunt club I was a deer killing machine and made numerous trips to the gut pit to dump a carcass. One buzzard got so used to me that he'd usually land on my tailgate before I got completely backed up to the gut pit. I had him trained to the point he would eat out of my hand and purr like a kitten when I scratched his head.

Amazing creatures....
    This is hilarious! You don't have to kill everything.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The buzzard crap is what those ducks are feeding on. Ok not exactly but sort of. The buzzard crap adds nutrients to the water, the nutrients promote robust aquatic plant growth, the ducks come to eat the plant matter.

Disclaimer: The above may or may not be true but it sound plausible.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Dead ones will keep the others away, or so I’ve heard.
    That works with crows. The old farmer used to task me with killing a crow to tack up in his pecan orchard. Crows, at least, understand the message.

Killing a crow was not a trivial task either. Before I knew about calls, camo and decoys, I'd spend weeks trying to get close enough to a crow to kill one. I even tried from the tractor but they could discern whether I had a shotgun with me or not. Damn smart birds.

I was watching the new season of Goliath, and one of the characters said crows are the smartest non-mammal, equivalent to dolphins, even. I have not conducted any research to confirm.
    Last edited by wskinner; 10-05-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    ... Surprising to me was the fact that they nest on the ground. In all my years of kicking around in the woods, it seems like I would have stumbled on a nest by now...
    My aunt had one frequenting her house and yard, and it didn’t actually make a nest. It laid eggs spread around. One in the flower pot, one on the grill table, one on the porch corner, etc. I don’t know how or if they incubate them this way, but it makes sense as a survival technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Big ducks shy away from buzzards......and according to you it's a wood duck hole.

I would think the Greatest Of All Time wouldn't be worrying about would ducks and buzzards. Go find some big ducks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Do you know what website we’re on? It’s called SCDUCKS. What type of duck is most popular in South Carolina? Hmm let’s put our brain together here on this. It would be a wood duck. Stop being a smart ass. If I had a hole where i live with big ducks I’d be there

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    That works with crows. The old farmer used to task me with killing a crow to tack up in his pecan orchard. Crows, at least, understand the message.

Killing a crow was not a trivial task either. Before I knew about calls, camo and decoys, I'd spend weeks trying to get close enough to a crow to kill one. I even tried from the tractor but they could discern whether I had a shotgun with me or not. Damn smart birds.
    yes they are,, has anybody seen a crow nest or baby crows?
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

IMG-1510.jpg

I'm assuming this is a Buzzards nest? I've never seen one but this is right beside the hole
    Last edited by GOAT; 10-07-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    IMG-1510.jpg

I'm assuming this is a Buzzards nest? I've never seen one but this is right beside the hole
    Could be. Could also be this year hatchlings hanging around. I would pick up the metal trash around there to clean it up.

This is a fairly new spot and I think the people that live near it has used this side of it as a dump. Can't stand people who litter and use random pieces of land as a trash pile

Damn man, sucks that buzzards are hording your duck hole.
    Good luck having a decent morning hunt.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor