Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another tragedy

https://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Safety...ef_=ast_sto_dp
    https://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Safety...ef_=ast_sto_dp
    https://www.amazon.com/Weanas-Climbi...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

This is what I use. I use a similar but different brand climbing harness but this was the least expensive one I found on amazon. If you fall, you end up facing the tree instead of hanging from your back.

The rope style strap works as an adjustable lineman's belt when putting up stands or using a climber. I use two for that so I can go up past limbs and move one at a time to always have one attached. These seat harnesses and safety ropes also make great drag harnesses. The reflective safety ropes are extra handy when you're searching for a deer at night and need to get your bearings back to the tree where you shot.

Bruce fell as he was reconnecting his safety strap for the climb down and the stand suddenly broke. He was able to call EMS for help on his cell phone. He also broke about a dozen ribs and is in serious pain, still in ICU.

I really hate to hear this. Bruce was always kind to me when I was invited out to Botany. Is he still the caretaker over Botany for the state? He did a helluva job running Botany when it was family owned. In my eyes, that is the best piece of property on earth.

I hate it for that poor guy.

Anyone have an update on Bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by darkcornerhunter View Post
    Anyone have an update on Bruce?
    I think he is struggling pretty badly. Not really my place to provide detailed updates but pretty sure as of yesterday he is still in ICU, is sedated at-least partially, having some medical complications as a result of his fall and hospitalization. He is in a tough spot from what it sounds like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran a call this am involving an older gentleman that fell about 10 ft. Ended up with a broken femur. That's the second deer stand accident we've run in a week.

I love Bruce. He’s one heck of a farmer and woodsman. I’ve spent a lot of time talking to him over the years when I worked that area. Most of the time when the power was out, he’d already have found the problem for us.
    867-5309

My prayers are added. Terrible to read this .
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Sorry to hear about this. Prayers for him and the family

Islandguy85, thanks for the update. I really hate to hear this.

I fell and it was hell. I hate to hear about this guy. I wish him the best and will be praying for him. I keep my feet on the ground now.

A friend of mine failed to come home in time for supper. They found him dead at the base of the tree.

Terrible.

Too easy to use a rope harness on a rocking climbing rig and be tied off �� up, during, & down in a climber or a lifeline on a lock on.

When I got married and especially after I had kids, I got a lot more deliberate in my treestand safety. Dont be lazy!