Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TOYOTA TUNDRA

Default TOYOTA TUNDRA

I'm looking to buy a new truck and figured I'd ask the Tundra owners on here for the pros and cons on a Tundra. I've owned Chevy, and GMC for most of my life but the ongoing problems with GM products just ticks me off. I want a crew cab 4 wd but don't know anything about the Toyotas and what trim model I will need. What's the trim that equals to a Z71 LT but in a toyota? Any info or advice on the Tundra is appreciated.

Pros- Its not a GM product.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I bought a ‘17 Crewmax SR5 4x4, without TRD in May. It is essentially the base model truck, but I added Katzkin leather to the interior, which I think is better than the factory leather. All in all, I’m pleased with the truck. The cab is huge, full grown adults can ride in the front and back seats with no problem. You sacrifice in bed size though. The bed is pretty small. It ties great, but sucks at gas mileage. Around 15 mpg with nothing back there, and down to 10 with the boat. I’ve owned Ford, GM, if I had to buy another tomorrow, it would be a Tundra again.

If I was buying a half ton gas truck, I wouldn't even look at anything else......

Tough to beat SR5 with katzkin. Only reason I switched was towing capacity. I had 3 tundras and never did more than oil, brakes and tires.

NOTHING I can complain about with my Tundra EXCEPT gas mileage.

Mine FREAKING SUCKS
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Tell me about the trd vs sr5 packages. Like I said, I know nothing about a yota.

My gas mileage in the GM product I had (mistake) versus the gas mileage in my tundra is almost identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I had the 1794 edition, think King Ranch Edition that Ford puts out. Leather was great, cab is huge, I had a camper shell on mine and it was a smaller bed but worked for everything I needed, NAV was ok, and I had no complaints at all. Only reason I sold it was due to not driving it much and having a Land Cruiser that I owned free and clear sitting next to it. If I was in the market to pick up another truck, I'd buy a Tundra again.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 10-03-2019 at 09:29 AM.

And if i push these two buttons at the same time I feel like I'm in Tron..

20191003_103131.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL MOUTH View Post
    Tell me about the trd vs sr5 packages. Like I said, I know nothing about a yota.
    I have two Tacomas. One is a sr5 and the other is a TRD Limited. The only differences are the TRD has better off road shocks, rear DIF lock, and running boards. Both are full power, both came with skid plates, both have fender flairs, etc.

Pass everything but a gas station. Hottest half ton period

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I have only ever owned a f150. After I had to sink about 4K into my 2013 eco boost, I said it was time for a change. I spent months looking at every truck on the market. I bought a 2019 tundra limited in March. I will never own anything else. I love my truck. I am the type of person that will always second guess myself when making big purchases. I have not regretted the tundra 1 time since I got it.

I love the engine and transmission. It pulls better than any f150 I have owned. It only has a 9000lb towing capacity but if I wanted to tow 12,000 like the new f150 I would go larger and diesel. I also average about 16 miles/gallon. Which is better than my ecoboost so I am not complaining. I will take relatability over gas mileage any day.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 10-03-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Had one loved it except gas mileage. Never had a single problem with it and they hold their value and easy to resell if you ever want

I took delivery of a 2019 limited Crewmax on Monday. It is a beast. Driving the old F150 today while KRT does what he do to the new one, so I can run 275/65r20s without scrubbing, and miss the new one, already. I bought it through a broker, who got me a good deal on the truck I wanted, and I didn't have to fuss with anyone. He delivered it to my parking lot. Made it all the more sweet!

I still haven't figured out what all this thing does. Only complaint so far, is you can hardly hear the radio with all the windows open. It is clear as a bell, but lacks volume, which is fine, with the windows up.

Oh, and it averages a little better than the F150 with a 5.0 pulling the same size tires, but its a 4x4 truck so I didn't expect 20 mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Had one loved it except gas mileage. Never had a single problem with it and they hold their value and easy to resell if you ever want
    I did forget that ... I bought mine for $32K, only upgrades I put on it were a bull bar, camper shell, and floor mats. I drove it for about 8 months, put about 15K miles on it, sold it for $34,500.00.

I've had two, an 07' limited with the 4.7L and now a 10' sr5 with the 5.7 and 4wd. Really wish they offered leather on the sr5 but I put marathon seat covers on real quick

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    Oh, and it averages a little better than the F150 with a 5.0 pulling the same size tires, but its a 4x4 truck so I didn't expect 20 mpg.
    Wait till you pull something super heavy like a jon boat or 4 wheeler. Be lucky to get 14mpg

TUndras have the 3rd best resale value of any vehicle of any kind...that speaks volumes. The number one vehicle for holding value is the Tacoma.
    At least I'm housebroken.