Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manning and Kingstree folks

True but when you put some of that goodness on a plate, you'll be happy.
    "The bird possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

"Some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters." - Archibald Rutledge

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I find it crazy that we are in the middle of all those deer and deer hunters and 30 min is the closest processor
    Had this conversation with a buddy the other day. There's been some that have closed and some that needed to close. The need for a Good processor around the Clarendon county area is huge. Someone who had the want to could have a hell of a business if they did it right. People in the surrounding areas drive a long ways, and a lot of time for what I consider sub par products. He's wrestling with opening one himself.

Christmas in Millwood

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    Had this conversation with a buddy the other day. There's been some that have closed and some that needed to close. The need for a Good processor around the Clarendon county area is huge. Someone who had the want to could have a hell of a business if they did it right. People in the surrounding areas drive a long ways, and a lot of time for what I consider sub par products. He's wrestling with opening one himself.
    All cash business, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    I agree

I use to goto 301 Processing in Effingham. Now I use Great Outdoors in Ellorree (i think that is where it is)

Great Outdoors is in Bowman, highway 210/Vance Rd. Don’t hold me to this but I think it’s exit 154 off 26.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Just confirming my desire for a walk in cooler
    I know where there is a walkin in Manning, but I don't know if it can be had. I used it for 24+ years. TC on here knows the one I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by M2Field View Post
    I hunted a farm outside of Kingstree for a few years. Not sure if it was this particular property but the deer seemed more nocturnal in that area than anywhere else I’ve hunted.

Managed to kill a few nice ones using the rattling horns.
    That's usually caused by shining or night hunting- DNR told me that's how they plan sting sites- they ride an area when they should be seeing plenty and locate the spots where few are seen. Those spots typically are where night/road poachers operate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    That's usually caused by shining or night hunting- DNR told me that's how they plan sting sites- they ride an area when they should be seeing plenty and locate the spots where few are seen. Those spots typically are where night/road poachers operate.
    A county road did go through the property so that probably had something to do with it.

Or big bucks are just more nocturnal...

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post

Man, here I am thinking the only geniuses employed by the state work at DOT.