Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tigers fall to #2 in

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    And who is everyone else. Anybody in the top 50 or a 2-2 record, if so. I’ll watch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I guess as a Georgia fan you haven’t been watching the playoffs the last few years.

And who is everyone else. Anybody in the top 50 or a 2-2 record, if so. I’ll watch

Lately anyone they get to play. If Jawja can win that December NCG, they might get a chance to lose to Clemson for the real NCG in a January. Provided they don’t choke, like they normally do.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    I guess as a Georgia fan you haven’t been watching the playoffs the last few years.
    I did and every game . It’s the path we take is a little more difficult than others. We usually have to play the #1 , #3 and the other ranked teams to even get to the playoffs. Not a #18 ranked ACC team with a 5-5 record. It’s night and day. So for you as a Tiger fan with no competition you definitely need to check schedules of your neighbors, then when y’all cakewalk or win by one be thankful for being in the weakest conference in college football

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Lately anyone they get to play. If Jawja can win that December NCG, they might get a chance to lose to Clemson for the real NCG in a January. Provided they don’t choke, like they normally do.
    We’ll be gassed out by then , we got a couple tough games ahead.

I did and every game . It’s the path we take is a little more difficult than others. We usually have to play the #1 , #3 and the other ranked teams to even get to the playoffs. Not a #18 ranked ACC team with a 5-5 record. It’s night and day. So for you as a Tiger fan with no competition you definitely need to check schedules of your neighbors, then when y’all cakewalk or win by one be thankful for being in the weakest conference in college football
    It all comes down to one game and that has been Bama. Clemson has proven they can get it done UGA has proven they can’t. I say this as a Clemson fan who pulls for UGA every week. I spent quite a bit of time in Athens and have a lot of respect for the school and the program.

What a crybaby! If Georgia deserved to be in the playoffs, they would be. Do you think the committee doesn’t take SOS into account? The last 7 or so years, Clemson has done just fine when it plays SEC teams, go look it up. Georgia only has itself to blame for not making the playoffs. Quit choking when you play Bama, and maybe you’ll get there.
    Last edited by wskinner; 09-29-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Yeah they struggled to beat an inferior Syracuse last year too then beat the dog shit out of Alabama. It was glorious to watch espn choke on all the crow.
    I’ll never forget when they whooped Oklahoma down there in Miami in that playoff game. Walking out the stadium all that could be heard in any direction was the chant of “F*** ESPN”. It’s no secret the press don’t care for Clemson, I think the feeling is mutual though

Climp5in ain't shit
    How bout them apples?

ka bewm

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    They will keep doing as little as possible to win. It is Dabo's whole philosophy and it works...
    This
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Clemson doesn’t care what it is ranked right now. Tweet that
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

We. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    This
    While I agree with this, winning on a 2 point conversion stop was not in the plan. I understand playing vanilla and not showing your cards, but the game being that close was not by design.

Tigers need to find some offensive rhythm. I haven’t loved the lack of running plays called. Hope the office gets the kinks worked out. Lawrence actually played well. He was under a lot of pressure because the O line didn’t pass block very good. Bottom line, good teams Find a way to win and move forward. You aren’t gonna play great every time out. They aren’t playing like top team in the country so I have no problem with them dropping. I’d rather not be #1 right now. I’d bet Saban would prefer to not be #1 as well. Just gotta get in the playoffs and the prove your worth.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    They will keep doing as little as possible to win. It is Dabo's whole philosophy and it works...
    finally, JAB said something tongue-in-cheek that I actually agree with....

Clemson looked like poo, but I darn sure wouldnt count them out.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

In week 5 last year, Clemson lost their starting QB, the backup had left, and the third stringer led a comeback vs Syracuse. I don't think the two are comparable, as Clemson surged through the finish line to beat Syracuse vs hanging on vs UNC. There were no extenuating circumstances Saturday. Clemson was outplayed for much of the game. My eyes tell me that Clemson isn't playing as the best or 2nd best team in the country, right now. They also weren't playing as the best team after week 5 last year. The good news is that championships aren't won in September, but they can be lost. What Clemson's performances and schedule have done is leave them zero margin for error. A one loss Clemson ain't getting in this year.

I still think Clemson has a very high ceiling. History says that they will reach that ceiling, and we have to hope they don't trip up before they get there.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Did not surprise me. Actually was expecting 3 or 4 to be honest with the way the others are hanging up numbers.

This is the best possible thing to happen to this team right now. We'll see in 2 weeks if it mattered. Bye week comes at a great time after that showing.
    This staff has enough money in the bank, so to speak, with me after the way they've shown they can get the team to improve as the season goes on that I won't second guess what they are doing along the way. They have a proven history of getting these kids to play better down the stretch. Defense is solid. North Carolina played with nothing to lose and it was impressive to watch. There's a lot to be said for getting everybody's best effort, regardless of who you think they are - another reason that I think it helps to not be ranked at the top this time of year. And rankings this time of year just don't matter.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Clemson still gets to the playoffs simply because they have the easiest path of any of the top 5 teams. I care less about conference affiliation but the SEC west will eat it's own before year end and then Georgia, the only team worth a damn in the east has to play whoever ran that gauntlet in the championship. It's not sour grapes or being a crybaby as one of you idiots said it's the simple truth. It's better to be Clemson in the ACC right now than Bama, Georgia, LSU, or Auburn in the SEC. Why that makes any of you so butt hurt is beyond me. Hell you would think your remaining schedule would make you pretty happy knowing you can play like you did this past Saturday and still probably win out, and yes that includes playing against the Gamecocks.

simply because they have the easiest path? How about bc they are one of the top four teams in the country? you think that factors in?

Its the same butthurt, but with different colored glasses. Clemson absolutely deserves what they get. Do I need to remind you our record against these mighty SEC teams lately? All this conference affiliation BS doesnt matter when you play head-to-head.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 09-30-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.