Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    can't lead em enough!
    Unless we're talking pigskins.....
    Pretty damn hard to shoot in front of one
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I'm left handed, left eye dom and shoot RH......don't know !
    I'm very inconsistent with my shooting (understandably so I guess).....average throughout the season around a box of shells per limit of dove I'd estimate but periodically get it done in the 95-75% range.
    Shot around 30 rounds today but who da fuk is counting......try it both ways and.............you can't lead em enough!!!!!!!
    I'm shot beside you a couple few times, and I always thought you were pretty solid..

Both eyes open, depth perception

When I miss, I'm ALWAYS behind them, always!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Default How many eyes

Both open. Looking at target and not gun

Edit: I have tried with pistol and I cant really do it at any sort of distance on small targets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Islandguy85; 09-26-2019 at 07:46 PM.

I feel like when I miss I've taken a poor shot.. distance, something of that nature. if its not the case then I'm just mumbling cuss words.

Ducks, it throws me off if I dont see them fly before the first time.. I feel like I start leading them too much. Once I hit my first it's ingrained in my head

It's not like I'm flailing at them or anything.. it might be a shot or two. And it kind of depends on what kind of hunt I'm opening up on.

I shoot pistol and rifle both eyes open. Early November, I am taking a Scholastics Sporting Clays training course looking forward to learning more about helping the kids also hoping to gain some insight into my inconsistency.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

As most know, you really have to let your instincts take over when you think about it too much that's when it all goes to hell in a handbasket

But yep, I know I was 4 feet behind one bird last week and it burns me up.. taking a bad high ass whipping through open pines, breaking into the field hauling ass...

It's fun helping them out, Fish came out our second hunt and worked with one of my son's friends... to me birds are easy, you start to get into some tough set clay courses and you can separate people..

I think instincts in confidence plays a big deal in wingshooting, like golf.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 09-26-2019 at 08:02 PM.

You have to shoot where the bird is going. I have never killed a bird by shooting where he has been. As stated above. It's all about lead. And you very seldom miss a bird with too much lead.

I'm left handed, left eye dom and shoot RH......don't know !
    I'm very inconsistent with my shooting (understandably so I guess).....average throughout the season around a box of shells per limit of dove I'd estimate but periodically get it done in the 95-75% range.
    Shot around 30 rounds today but who da fuk is counting......try it both ways and.............you can't lead em enough!!!!!!!
    A box of shells per limit off of your nondominate eye is impressive. Learn to shoot off of your dominate eye. You will be much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    A box of shells per limit off of your nondominate eye is impressive. Learn to shoot off of your dominate eye. You will be much happier.
    I'm almost 50 yo hoss, I'll stick to my evil ways...

Old ass

Both eyes open

What bead ?
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

What's all this about not leading a bird enough? My most consistent miss is out front.

And shooting, golf, casting a bait caster, etc... is all feel and rhythm. Like throwing a baseball, you don't stop-set your feet-square up to your target-turn your shoulders-aim the ball. You look at your target and throw.

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    Old ass

Both eyes open

What bead ?
    Bingo.....

I am at my best when it's quick instintive shooting. Point, swing, fire. 47 years of shooting doves and I can still killem with out weaing glasses. We have had a real good year so far with birds.

I have never shot a round at a skeet range. Might have to give it a try and see how an old dove shooter does with the skeets.
    Last edited by E. Taylor; 09-28-2019 at 12:02 PM.
    E T

I grew up being taught as a swing through shooter. I've gone to basically all pull away over the years, and there will be some kind of point shooting involved once or so a week..

I'm almost 50 yo hoss, I'll stick to my evil ways...
    Pardner, one of my good friends switched at 55. He said it was the best thing he has ever done.