Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mud tire recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by 4THEGIRLS View Post
    Been running Falken Wildpeak AT’s for a few months. Happy with them so far.
    these, for just over a year and 20k miles....not an m/t but plenty aggressive for most....just now thinking about how much thread is left....no reason I shouldn’t get 50k out if them....they’ll be closer to your price point....rotated every 5k and they’ve stayed quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    It must be raining like hell in SC.
    I need a line on some desert tires. I hasn't rained since the middle of august here. The damn grass in my yard crunched under my feet.

Friend has a set of Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ on his truck and has 72000 miles on them and they still have good tread. They should make it to 90k+

Pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toyo

bfg mt

School me on the reasoning for 20” wheels.

Super Swampers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Ground hawgs

I’m loving the falken wikdpeaks
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by catawba View Post
    My last set of Nitto Trail grapplers only lasted 35,000 miles. They were awesome at first, as they wore they became rough and loud as hell. Switched up to Toyo Open country MTs and I’ve got a little over 55,000 miles on them and still have a decent amount of tread left no complaints thus far with the Toyo’s.
    This! Toyo MTs are the best.

Mud dawgs or nitto trail grapplers
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    School me on the reasoning for 20” wheels.
    They come on those trucks.

I've had 4 sets of Nitto grapplers, and got 55-63k out of them on virtually the same truck. Mine has the regular bed on it rather than the go cart bed. So its longer and heavier than most.

Great riding tires till they hit 50k. At 50k all the sets gert loud. At 55k they start to get rough if they sit a day or 2.

Decent mud ability but great riding.

If you want pure mud and don't care about ride go with the aforementioned Super Swampers TSL. The Ground Hawgs are directional.mmAnd if you want to feel like your driving a tractor at 80mph down the interstate, but will pull the frame from under the truck, literally, go with the Super Swamper Boggers.

I've had radial TSL, bias TSL, TSX, Thornbirds, and Boggers. I had to get rid of the Boggers, after 10k miles. The noise drove me insane! But would pull like a rented mule with someone inspiring it with a electric probe! They are literally cupped on the front side. The Thornbirds were really nice for road milage, and would pull very well, but I would only do that on a wide foot print 14.5" wide. TSL radial for a great mud tire that will not drive you insane driving. The bias TSL will get flat spots over night if it's cold. Takes about 5-7 miles to "warm up" they were worse than the Boggers in that respect.

Ground Hawgs are heavy directional tires. They will burry you in sand!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I had tsl’s in high school and got tired of them at 17 yo....on a cold morning they will beat your brains out

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    They come on those trucks.

I've had 4 sets of Nitto grapplers, and got 55-63k out of them on virtually the same truck. Mine has the regular bed on it rather than the go cart bed. So its longer and heavier than most.

Great riding tires till they hit 50k. At 50k all the sets gert loud. At 55k they start to get rough if they sit a day or 2.

Decent mud ability but great riding.

If you want pure mud and don't care about ride go with the aforementioned Super Swampers TSL. The Ground Hawgs are directional.mmAnd if you want to feel like your driving a tractor at 80mph down the interstate, but will pull the frame from under the truck, literally, go with the Super Swamper Boggers.

I've had radial TSL, bias TSL, TSX, Thornbirds, and Boggers. I had to get rid of the Boggers, after 10k miles. The noise drove me insane! But would pull like a rented mule with someone inspiring it with a electric probe! They are literally cupped on the front side. The Thornbirds were really nice for road milage, and would pull very well, but I would only do that on a wide foot print 14.5" wide. TSL radial for a great mud tire that will not drive you insane driving. The bias TSL will get flat spots over night if it's cold. Takes about 5-7 miles to "warm up" they were worse than the Boggers in that respect.

Ground Hawgs are heavy directional tires. They will burry you in sand!
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

I've had a set of Yokohamas for about a year and a half and I'm pleased with them. Had Nitto Trail Grapplers before and I wasn't dissatisfied with them, just wanted something different.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    I had tsl’s in high school and got tired of them at 17 yo....on a cold morning they will beat your brains out
    Figures, rich kids...
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Whoever buys those BFGs must have their dad paying for them. I've yet to see some last a year under my boy's vehicles. Change that to their mom. I'm not buying another set of those. KRT put something under my 2500 that will outlast the truck.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Stick with tall skinny BFG MT's

I had the KM2s on a truck and got 60,000 out of them. I rotated them every oil change but still the best set of tires I’ve had on a truck.
    For the ducks

Another vote for the Toyo R/Ts. I've got about 35k miles on them and they have at least 10-12k left. Great tires for my use and they are pretty damn quiet for an aggressive tire.

I had Toyo Open Country MT and they were a little too aggressive for all the highway and pavement running around I do
    I now have BFG AT KO2 and they seem great so far