Thread: Meopta Dichrotech

Default Meopta Dichrotech

Anyone seen one, bought one or had a chance to look through one in a store? Looks pretty cool.

https://www.dichrotech.com/
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

What models does it come on salty. After our conversation yesterday I am second guessing the V6 zeiss for $1400 buck over a retail meopta.

Comes on the R1 and R1r that I know of. Think it’s in the new line of Optika6 too. EuroOptic has them listed for $1,099. Get the scope and some Kenton turrets might be a great setup for a decent price.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Yes, have several and took to Africa. It's like an illuminated reticle without batteries. I took about 100 pics looking through it at animals over there it was so cool. Meopta either manufacturers or cuts the glass for Leica, Swaro, Zeiss, Trijicon and other high end euro guys. I'll see if I can upload some of the pics on here. Doesn't at all do it justice as I had to take them at 3X with my phone that gets dropped every 30 minutes

Its available now in the Meostar and a couple Optika6's. Optika line keeps getting delayed so your best bet is meostar as that's their high end series

Where does meopta make their glass?

Hope you shot that foreign pig.

Didn't shoot that particular one, but yes i got me one. And they are way uglier than ours. They're made in Czech Republic

Bumping this up. Anyone bought one since this was originally posted?

Used them with SB. Very cool.

Not crazy about it. Lowlight clarity is outstanding but it gets hard to see the center of the cross hairs as the light fades. The center dot is not very bright.

I picked one up when the new Dichro technology first came out and it truly made a difference in me taking my biggest OK deer to date. I then loaned my rifle to a friend and he and his girlfriend each took nice bucks in the timber at first light. None of us had any issues at all seeing the crosshair to make an accurate shot, in fact the dichro tech helped frame the animal in the dark woods at first leagal shooting time for my shot. The scope still sits on my .308 Win and has taken 4 more deer since that big boy 3 years ago. Just remember, some ambient light IS needed, but as far as seeing the crosshairs, no problem for my old eyes.
    Bart
    GRHRCH UH MH "Jiv"
    GRHRCH UH MH MHQ "Sylus"
    HRCH's, Abby,Elle,Ruby,Jazz,Tex,Dallas

I've had one now 2 years. I like it. Killed several deer with it all times of day with no issue.