Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Until I try it, I will always wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    None taken...just ribbing too. That fuggin cow cost more than a mo-marsh invisiman would have.
    I must be getting old, because I built that monstrosity; transported it to the pond; anchored it down not to move in 40-50 mph wind; painted and fully flocked all my drake mallard, black duck, and bluebill decoys; and purchased 12 new wigeon and 6 fully flocked pintail decoys...AND it’s sub freezing with snow on the ground AND season has been in for nearly two weeks...and I’m worn the hell out and trying to talk myself in to going in the morning...and sleeping in is winning the battle at this moment. Aaaargh! Dammit!
    Doesn’t sound like any effort at all, you should definitely build 5 more.

My only question is why... Are you independently wealthy and love the smell of crystal meth?

So at this point, I’d have to advise against wasting your time and money on trying this. Finally got out today. It was warm on the heels of the deep cold snap that hit last week. This spot held ducks every day it was not iced over last year. I have seen decent numbers in there that come in late and leave early, but when they have been flying in, they circle and land on the opposite side of the pond regardless of wind direction. Good New is that I can hide close in my layout over there...I’ll just be some weird decoying birds and shots. Oh well...I tried. Maybe when the huge numbers of migratory birds arrive...maybe they won’t mid it so much. Did manage to kill a hen shoveler...yay!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!