Thread: A good read on old growth forests versus the new

Default A good read on old growth forests versus the new

Last edited by Duck Nitz; 09-23-2019 at 03:55 PM. Reason: dint work
    At least I'm housebroken.

Links not working for me? Sounds interesting though.

paid for by logging industry?

Study on giant redwoods stated the opposite. They put on more mass per year as they age.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    paid for by logging industry?

Study on giant redwoods stated the opposite. They put on more mass per year as they age.
    Probably bought and paid for by the logging industry, yes...if not I would be a bit surprised...but when climate change becomes a political platform it's good to know what scientific alternatives are out there. My .02
    At least I'm housebroken.

What difference does it make who paid for it?

Gee. I can't possibly imagine. Sorta like the "study" the National Homebuilders Association commissioned that found that (guess what?) Sprawl generates more in tax revenue than it costs in government services. Never did explain why property taxes are always higher in developed areas than in rural.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    What difference does it make who paid for it?
    Because all data is filtered through statistics. Have you ever heard, "lies, dam lies, and statistics". All depends on how the data is manipulated. Like gov numbers on gun violence when most is suicides and gang vs gang wars.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.