Thread: South Central Oklahoma

Default South Central Oklahoma

Going to be in south central Oklahoma for the second week of Jan. Ive got a guide for the mornings but looking to do some DIY stuff in the afternoons. This will be my first time in OK. What do I need to look for when driving around scouting? Is it really as simple as driving till you find birds and then knock on some doors or is there more to it?

Quote Originally Posted by KwackSmacker View Post
    Going to be in south central Oklahoma for the second week of Jan. Ive got a guide for the mornings but looking to do some DIY stuff in the afternoons. This will be my first time in OK. What do I need to look for when driving around scouting? Is it really as simple as driving till you find birds and then knock on some doors or is there more to it?
    No, it is not as simple as driving around to find birds and knocking on a door to get permission. That shit might've been true 20 years ago and to an extent may still exist in some parts of the world, but not where you're asking. Outfitters have everything leased up. I promise you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I dunno, but being a good duck hunter and shooting woodducks have nothing in common.

You know any real good dove hunters?

Fun as hell, but.....

Quail hunting is excellent!!

Watch them release the greyhounds on the coyotes.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569