Thread: Tangent Theta?

Default Tangent Theta?

Do any of you have one?
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

No but I’ve played with a few.

It’s some of the best glass you can buy. Crisp, bright, and cuts through mirage like no other scope.

Best turrets I’ve ever felt. Just an amazing scope. I’ve looked through two hennys and I’d say the tangent is as good if not a touch better.

The zero compromise isn’t far behind it at all either.

Thanks for the reply!

I've had a Hensoldt.

I wasn't terribly impressed with controls on it. The glass was the best I had ever looked through, but someone wanted it more than I and I let it ride.

I've got Night Forces, US Optics, S&B, Elcans, but I've been wanting another piece of high end glass. I'm suppose to go play with a Theta sometime this week.

I've been trying to talk with folks that have run a Hensoldt and Theta and see which one they like better.

I haven't ruled out Zero CO, but the internet seems to like the Theta better, and I have experience with the Hensoldt.

It gives me some reference point when reading reviews and what nots.

Looking forward to looking through one and turning the knobs a few times.

As noted one of the issues I had with the Hens seems to be fixed (supposedly) by Tangent.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

The zco is a touch under the tangent. It’s a touch above the pmii and atacr. It also shows it in the price compared to the tangent. The tangent is superior is every aspect in my opinion. You won’t regret either purchase.

They are badass in all aspects, have not owned one but fingered several. That said they bought out Premier several years back and I did own two of those eons ago, they were heavy gals except for the Light Tactical but super nice. TT has since improved on them. Buy one and get back to us!
    Genesis 9;2

Looked through one yesterday. I was really impressed with controls and the glass was on par with the hens I had. It was a 6 years since I last looked down it, but from what I could recall.

Called CS tactical and spoke with them, and they answered a few questions for me. Richard was great to deal with!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

I’ve got the big Premier. It’s good. Mounted on a AR-30A1. No issues with it and would buy another.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwacker2 View Post
    I’ve got the big Premier. It’s good. Mounted on a AR-30A1. No issues with it and would buy another.
    Is your premier pre optronika?

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    Is your premier pre optronika?
    I’m not familiar with optronika, sounds like a Croatian cross dresser, so I’ll tentatively say yes it is. Is optronika the group that bought Premier?

I built the rig out thinking I would get into F class shooting back in either 08 or 09. Ended up getting sick in ‘10 and spent the majority of 11 in the hospital. Work, divorce, trying to rebuild my life etc, I bet I have less than 30 rounds down the pipe. I’ll try to dig the box out of the safe this evening if I remember and answer your question intelligently later.

Lol. Yes. Anything Pre-Optronika is basically a paper weight if it goes down. I think tangent will give $1000 credit. Any premiers built by optronika will be repaired buy tangent theta.

Might be a paper weight if it goes down but I think it would be hard to take it down. I bought mine the year the USMC selected the smaller optic (5x15 iirc) for their designated marksman rifles. I ended up with a 5x25 / 56 objective and 30 mm tube.
    I think I could jack up my old f250 with the thing. Still haven’t had a chance to get in my safe.

19487603-819A-477F-A58E-FA1CEBD26AD4.jpg
    359B88A8-AD66-482F-AB94-FC5FAB020189.jpg

Got a Gen 3 56mm in. Got it mounted up on a AI.

Had a chance to lay it out beside a S&B US Optics and a ELcan.

Very cool.

Writing up a report for CS Tactical!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

944F969D-6803-4CF9-818E-3B3292954A5C.jpg

A68BB2D2-2039-4D62-A5A6-7261E4AB5580.jpg

Worked up a load for it too.
    I cut the barrel back to 18” threaded it.

Using 145gr Lehigh Controlled Chaos. They are as long as a normal 168.

Tried 4 different powders
    Settled on 2230

Bench Mark
    BLc2
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Sweet looking rig.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Thank you sir!

If anyone is in the market for a Tangent I got the hook up on them!

I didn't realize they were a subsidiary of Raytheon!

May have a chance to work with them on a project! Something I've had in mind for a while and why the mil hasn't demanded it yet is mind boggling. Being I'm more on the NV side of things it is a no brainer. I've had the idea for some time and possibly may have a chance to get it implemented into a design and get paid!

I always like to get paid!!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot