Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UTV Comparisons

I’ve beat the shit out of a Kawasaki mule and it’s been great. Mine is the 610xc. Not going to blow you away with power but it just goes. Smaller in size so will fit on a 5x8 trailer or in the back of a truck. More maneuverable in the woods too

I’ve also got a 2016 or 17 Honda pioneer 500 that has been babied for all of 15 hours and never been off a gravel road I’ve thought about selling. PM me if you’re interested. It’s been used putting around our lake house and is too much machine for that. If I sell it I’ll replace it with a golf cart

Went through this back in winter/spring. Wife suggested I get rid of ATV and get UTV to ride our grandson around in (damn great having grandkids. As long as wife thinks they will love it you get open checkbook &#128514

Last 2 ATV’s have been Polaris (bought first one in 93) and no complaints at all

Looked at Ranger, Mule, Pilot and Mahindra . Mahindra dealer right near our house and really liked their unit and price on the 1000 but felt little uneasy when I asked some basic questions to the guy that was waiting on me. He was supposed to be the “mahindra guy “ at this place. Even noticed a shifter was missing on one, he said they robbed it due to back order for a customers that broke and taking a while to come in. Made me feel like parts could be an issue. However did really like the unit

Good friend bought brand new Mule, the 4/6 seater. He has had a lot of issues with it, A LOT and the dealership service dept seems to not know what to do. Heck he had to take it back when it quit running one day and they told him he should AVOID THE MUD as much as possible. He went BALLISTIC.

Went back to where I bought my last Sportsman 800 and bought the Ranger 900XP, wife told me DO NOT BRING HOME A DAMN PLAIN GREEN one . Never have had power steering but after using it would not have one without power steering.

Wife loves this more than her golf cart.

Wish I had bought UTV before now , never really used my Sportsman much. In fact it was a 2011 and dealership was shocked at how it looked low hours.

I have a 2008 Ranger Crew 700, I bought it from MarshChicken. He put it through the ringer, and I've put it through the ringer. It lives in Arkansas year round, it is used for working on property I own and gets abused pretty bad in that regard, the rest of the time it's used going through flooded rice fields for around 40 days during the season. Knock on wood, no major issues yet. The only maintenance I do is dropping it off at the Polaris dealer after the season and let them change oil, clean all of the rice stubble out of the under carriage, replace CV boots that get torn up, and repair anything else that pops up during the season.

Had a mule for a minute. Did the job but that is about all I can say. Have a Rhino that has been great for 10 years. Retired to the barn. Have a Ranger that is what every UTV aspires to be...

I bought a Honda 1000-5 Pioneer to be able to seat 4 or 5 folks on occasion. I looked at the Polaris, but the wheelbase was too long. I didn't want to have to buy another trailer to pull it with. The Honda fits on what I already have. With the seats popped up in the back, you have 0 room leftover in the bed for stuff. The Hondas come with basically nothing as far as options. To add windshield, roof, gun rack, etc., prepare your checkbook. Not sure if others are the same. I really do like the machine, though. It's got a lot of bells and whistles that probably aren't necessary, like paddle shifters and sport or automatic mode. If I had to do it again, I'd probably get the 700 instead of the 1000. At slow speeds the 1000 wants to get jumpy and jerky and unless you drop it in low, its hard to drive smoothly at real slow speeds. The 700 is speed limited at 45, and the 1000 will run a little over 65. 65+ is sort of ridiculous in a SXS.

I’m the odd man out I guess.....

I bought one of our rental units about 4 years ago now and I’ll never spend the big money on the other brands.

Club Car XRT 1550. Very basic. Comes in 2 seat or 4 seat. Not as fast as the rest. Out pulls the Ranger and Gator I’ve put it up against.

Kubota 3-cylinder Diesel engine in it.

Cheap to fix if anything breaks and made in Augusta, GA.

Since I’ve owned mine I’ve replaced the bushing in the front a-arms and that’s it. $30

Bought it with about 1350 hours and it broke 1800 hours this weekend.

Picture below headed to MS last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Have had the belt driven machines Yamaha Rhino and Polaris Ranger that sucked as soon as belts got wet. Bought a Honda Pioneer and never looked back. I like the fact there are no drive belts to screw up.

I just bought a 2019 XP 1000 EPS Premium Ranger. They had it marked way down to make room for the 2020 models. It does what I've asked it so far. It's fast as hell too.

I bought a Gator 825M S4 last year. I like it

3rd Polaris here.. they are not nerdy. And having the ability to go fast shouldn't be overlooked. Do you not care to out run a fart?

It'll run 45. I didn't buy one of those slow as f*** models......

Love the Rzr 900s my brother in law has but i would prefer the General. Seems to be the best of both worlds, haul shit and go anywhere and fast.

The emissions on Kubota atvs are measured in queefs.. Anything besides a Polaris and you'll look like you ride them around in the woods with kneepads and helmets.

HS is so vulgar today. Farts, queefs, and even saw him dropping uncouth cuss words..
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I'm getting in a little better mood, day by day.

Ralph dips kodiak. Of course he’s going to buy the most expensive utv
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Someone just brought me some bacon-wrapped Quail as a snack.. minute by minute

20190923_145833.jpg

Bacon wrapped quail and boiled peanuts. You ought to be the happiest man at work today.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    HS is so vulgar today. Farts, queefs, and even saw him dropping uncouth cuss words..
    If you want to see more, ask him about how he feels about keeping one in the chamber.

Rangers are nice and will haul ass. We have a gator as well, it accelerates slower than a turtle and tops out at 31, but it’s a diesel. No problems out of the gator yet, the rangers have had a few, but not many. I’d like to try out a Honda, only because they make the best 4 wheeler ever.
    Last edited by wskinner; 09-23-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Problem is that no-one has multiple brands. I have owned 3 or 4 Polaris and they work fine. Turning radius on the crew models is horrific but that is my only complaint.