Thread: Tundra Questions

Default Tundra Questions

For all you Tundra drivers: What size tires can you run on the current model stock Wheels without level/lifting them? What about leveling them? Can you get a 33" at on them with the 20" wheels?

I argued with them about the tires on my truck, they had some necked up knobby nittos on them that were large.. I was like I'm 42 years old, take those things off and put on some BFGs.. they told me BFGs didn't come stock, and I asked them if they wanted to sell the truck or not.. So they put 265s on them, looked small, I'd imagine larger tires. KRT did his work to it so now, I'm not far away from putting a larger size tire on it.

Mine is leveled and im running 275/65/20. That equates to about 34's. Has never scrubbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Leveled. I have 285/75/18s which is 34.8 and have a little rub on full turn.

The one I am looking at has street tires. Not working. I would like to change them to the General At2 - Like the old, good BFG ats. Looks like I could do that, after leveling. SC - how big of a leveling kit did you put on?

KRT did the work on mine too. He put a 3-1 leveling kit and BFG AT 305-55-20.

Its a pro-comp 2.5in kit.
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Thanks for the info. Sound like it is right simple.

i have a leveling kit on my and I'm running 33x12.50-20s with no scrubbing
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    i have a leveling kit on my and I'm running 33x12.50-20s with no scrubbing
    Is that on stock wheels or aftermarket?

35x12.50x17 with a leveling kit and had to trim the inside of the fender wells. Still had a little rub at full turn.

Tundras.com is your friend. Use their search function and you will find a page with every size wheel and tire setup from stock to a 12 inch lift
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I’m running 35 X 11.50 18s on aftermarket wheels. Trimmed the plastic behind the front fender and I’ve been pleased so far.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Is that on stock wheels or aftermarket?
    stock 20s
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

what mpg are you guys getting in the tundra on 35s?.....pure curiosity.....and are you calculating by hand?....my dash reads almost 1.5 mpg more than i figure by real math

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    stock 20s
    Good to know. I had been wondering if the 12.5s would work on a stock wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Good to know. I had been wondering if the 12.5s would work on a stock wheel.
    20x8's,, the 33x12.50s look damn good on them, I might go to 35s if they don't scrub,, getting 15.8 mpg
    Rubberhead