Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logging crew crosses property line???

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    The landowner representative told him they had a bond and he would not release that until cleared up.

Y’all keep mentioning a Certified Forestry Consultant, is this not what the SCFC guy is. He did a full report, actually came up from Columbia to look at what happened . He used his software and called and told him what value of timber was that was cut . This guy told him on small amounts like this they (SCFC) does not charge anything. This was done back in July

Basically that is all he expected, stuff happens come to a sensible agreement of what timber was worth/future values and they just cut a reasonable check and move on .

Just being dicked around for better than 3 months by logging company has got under his skin
    So the landowner gets to keep the extra money? They should owe a portion and the logger should pay the balance/penalty.

Yes the SCFC Forester would be registered. We didn't know that the SCFC conducted a free stump cruise. Also, the SCFC commission has a law enforcement team that addresses timber trespasses as well.

Most of the time that is what happens.

That is part that would get under my skin as well. Sounds like your buddy has done the necessary steps to get a resolution.
    Last edited by Timberman22; 09-20-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    More than 90?
    I seriously doubt you have enough experience with any logging or loggers to make that statement. That’s what I’m saying

lawyer and sue for the legal fees

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    More than 90?
    Probly
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Fuck a logger
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Dealt with the same stuff last year. Logger tried to blame it on the new property owner and a bad survey. Told the that the bad survey or new owner didn't cut my timber,..,.he did.
    He went back and did his homework and realized his error. We settled on a fair price for the timber and replanting.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    Fuck a logger
    And....a damn insurance agent...the lowlife bastards are wurse than a damn attny!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Fuck a logger
    Yes I hate them! Those ass holes are the only reason timber has a value. They suck and they smell because they work from 5 am till 7 pm most days sweating all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    Also, the SCFC commission has a law enforcement team that addresses timber trespasses as well.

That is part that would get under my skin as well. Sounds like your buddy has done the necessary steps to get a resolution.

Yes the guy from SCFC said they would charge him with trespassing IF the owner told them to, he wanted to get them to just settle up and leave SCFC trespassing charge out of it however at this point I think he is about ready to move forward

Just bunch of BS over $2-3K at the most. Money is not going to make or break this guy he just tired of being pissed on and jerked around by logger

This thread has generated 50 responses in less than a day. The internet and social media can be powerful. Maybe your friend should consider ways to use that leverage to get the logging company to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    This thread has generated 50 responses in less than a day. The internet and social media can be powerful. Maybe your friend should consider ways to use that leverage to get the logging company to pay.

LOL

He does not have the internet at home. FUNNY. When I call him asked him if he climbed telephone pole to answer the phone . I can his house Hooverville (Green Acres). Seriously he lives in an area where believe it or not they have no internet access other than dial up . That is a LONG STORY. Beautiful place but no internet access

Fuck a logger
    snicker

I think that 100% of loggers dont care as much about the land as the landowner. Its all about perspective. It doesnt mean loggers are bad people...but you shouldnt expect them to care as much as you do.

I have loggers on my place and they cut a tree down that was absolutely covered in flagging tape. You think they care as much as I do about that tree???
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The logging industry has the law written so that they can not be sued as long as they offer to pay 3X for any trees they trespass to take. I had my line flagged every 5 to 10 foot, the cutter drove over flagged trees on to my property to take several pole quality trees. Blatent tresppass and he knew it. Pissed me off so bad I was prepared to go to jail for my actions. State forestor came out, explained the law, and I got a few hundred bucks. Good luck, but I don't think a lawyer will do you any good.
    E T

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    lawyer and sue for the legal fees
    Attorneys fees are rarely recoverable unless explicitly provided for by statute or agreement. I don't know the applicable statute but it's unlikely that it allows for recovery of fees. This is the kind of situation in which an attorney does not belong. I regularly tell potential clients that they should sort matters out on their own without resorting to lawyers or litigation.
    Carolina Counsel

True dat. The best resolutions are those reached by agreement between the parties to the dispute. Litigation breeds uncertainty, monetary expense and stress.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Attorneys fees are rarely recoverable unless explicitly provided for by statute or agreement. I don't know the applicable statute but it's unlikely that it allows for recovery of fees. This is the kind of situation in which an attorney does not belong. I regularly tell potential clients that they should sort matters out on their own without resorting to lawyers or litigation.

Yep only folks that come out ahead in that are the attorneys

Again not enough to even consider this route.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Taylor View Post
    The logging industry has the law written so that they can not be sued as long as they offer to pay 3X for any trees they trespass to take. I had my line flagged every 5 to 10 foot, the cutter drove over flagged trees on to my property to take several pole quality trees. Blatent tresppass and he knew it. Pissed me off so bad I was prepared to go to jail for my actions. State forestor came out, explained the law, and I got a few hundred bucks. Good luck, but I don't think a lawyer will do you any good.
    No, the law does not state they are exempt if they willingly pay you triple stumpage.
    Shit happens from time to time mostly by accident and with no malice.
    Under most circumstances landowners are willing to take the 3x and move along...
    However, some trees are worth more than 3x and a good lawyer or forester can make the case.
    Or.....a smart logger/buyer calls the insurance co and files an E&O claim without incident.....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

They are thinning the property I hunt, starting this week. I flagged all of my permanent stands with orange tape as they requested. I’m interested to see if any of them make it.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    They are thinning the property I hunt, starting this week. I flagged all of my permanent stands with orange tape as they requested. I’m interested to see if any of them make it.

What I have seen over the years, some loggers will recognize what they are and avoid them but others seem to not give a crap and destroy them Normally permanent stands are pretty safe either way

The foresters on this site could write 100 pages of stories about loggers just like the contractors could write 100 pages about sub contractors. Or the teachers about students or the citizens about the politicians and on and on.

No one cares about your stuff more than you do, but a good consultant will come so close you can’t tell the difference. Not just in forestry but any business.