Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Logging crew crosses property line???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Logging crew crosses property line???

Guy I hunt with has a small tract of land in Mt Carmel (McCormick County ). It is bordered by National Forest land and his land actually is on Clarks Hill but no way to get dock permit

Land is also bordered by some state owned property

About 3 months ago he went down to start getting it ready for deer season, the state property was being clear cut and the loggers came across and cut about 2 acres of his timber

Logging company admitted they crossed line however they keep telling him the State Agency will pay him, State says different . He actually contacted the SC Forestry Commission and they sent out a guy and he confirmed the issue and said it falls on the actual timber company .

My friend is getting aggravated, he is one of these that likes things taken care ASAP, He keeps getting run around from logging company on paying him for timber .

I have 4 clients that are in logging business and everyone said it happens we just write a check for the cost of timber x3(apparently this is some type of state law)

He is told his next step is to file with court in McCormick and get it resolved. Not a lot of money at all he would just like to get it resolved.

How common is this for a timber company to just keep giving him run around, timber company is based in Leesville SC

I'd like to get paid for trees and a dock permit granted in this case.

He needs a lawyer to contact the timber company on his behalf

TPrice, give me a call today and I will help point him in the right direction. We deal with these type matters from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Lawyer. Lawyer. Lawyer...

A stump cruise will need to be done to figure out an estimate of timber value harvested on your buddies property.

• Who painted the sale boundary lines?
    • Were they painted incorrectly or did logger go through markings?
    • Not all timber trespasses are malicious and get 3x stumpage as the statute states.
    • Was the sale a per unit or lump sum sale? This will help determine who currently holds the funds of trespass timber. The balance would potentially come from the other party and pay for consultant to perform stump cruise and damages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Talking to SCFC was good.....He needs a Reg. Forester to give him an evaluation of value for his attorney to use in resolving the matter if it goes that far.
    First step right now is get an appraisal.....
    Last edited by Calibogue; 09-20-2019 at 06:35 AM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Timberman.... if he can’t help try KRT
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Even though the law calls for triple stumpage, it doesn’t call for a method for valuation. On a small tract lake side, the trees cut may have a much higher ornamental or aesthetic value than a per se timber value. Just something to consider.

I just hope he doesn’t end up with nerve damage.

I'm sure they stole his trail cameras and hit one leg of every deer stand
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I'm sure they stole his trail cameras and hit one leg of every deer stand
    The surveyor already did stole them.

Just tell your buddy to call Rocketman, I'm sure he would go talk to the timber company for him. He'll probably have your buddy's money to him by EOB today.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    timber company is based in Leesville SC
    If it's its the same company that cut my FIL's timber, they aren't gonna get in any hurry about paying him. He had to get the SCFC involved to finally get his money too.

Wonder if they're still using "having to pay a bunch of taxes this year" as an excuse?

someone said thou shall yeet. hope this helps.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Just another item from me to add to my list of why I have no use for timber companies.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Just another item from me to add to my list of why I have no use for timber companies.
    They logged on some land I hunt, coincidentally, in Mt Carmel in the early spring. evidently it was oil change time for one of the machines as they just drained the oil onto the ground. They were even nice enough to leave the oil filter sitting in the puddle. I promise 90% of logging companies do not give a shit about your land. You seem to know that already. This outfit was out of Elberton.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    They logged on some land I hunt, coincidentally, in Mt Carmel in the early spring. evidently it was oil change time for one of the machines as they just drained the oil onto the ground. They were even nice enough to leave the oil filter sitting in the puddle. I promise 90% of logging companies do not give a shit about your land. You seem to know that already. This outfit was out of Elberton.
    Did you show/inform the landowner? I understand leaks happen, but to leave a filter in the middle is pretty disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Did you show/inform the landowner? I understand leaks happen, but to leave a filter in the middle is pretty disrespectful.
    I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    I promise 90% of logging companies do not give a shit about your land.
    I think you’re wrong.