Thread: Colt just punked out

Default Colt just punked out

Just saw on the news that Colt firearms was going to stop production of AR style rifles because they say that "demand is down"

I'm hearing that they are overstocked and are stopping civilian production to focus on military contracts. When stocks deplete they will ramp up production again.

Colt ARs might not be in much demand relative to their other products because there are so many other brands competing in the AR market space. I suspect product liability might play into their decision too.

Success breeds competition breeds ruination. Simple economics.
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

They are creating artificial scarcity to increase demand in a market they no longer control. Colt rifles are sitting on distribution shelves currently, in six months they won't be dusty any more.

Hey Joelt didn’t you have a muzzleloader for sale. If so did you sell it.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

More fake news. At least according to former SEAL Carl Higbie's Tweet Yesterday:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CarlHigbi...97073419554822

This head line is BS. Just spoke to @ColtFirearms and they stopped production because they have over 100 days of inventory!!! #FakeNews they are also ramping up their revolvers and 1911s.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I keep telling you people to stop listening to the MSM bullshit. What really amazes me is how people keep getting lied to over and over and still fall for the same old crap.

How to Bend the News (Colt)
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Fan of the 1911, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does Colt have so many firearms on the shelf? Cost. Colt ARs are priced too high ($1000+?). The cost for a Ruger is $520. The cost of a PSA is $449. You can buy a PSA stripped lower for $39 and a complete upper kit for $299. Spend less than an hour in assembly and you have an AR for $338 plus tax. They are basically all the same rifle with the same "mil-spec" so they are interchangeable.

Keep fighting the good fight Mergie. Post some more tweets if they don't figure it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Hey Joelt didn’t you have a muzzleloader for sale. If so did you sell it.
    NO sir I still have it for sale I actually have 2 of them for sale I'm thinning the herd I own 4 right now
    Last edited by joelt1971; 09-21-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    Why does Colt have so many firearms on the shelf? Cost. Colt ARs are priced too high ($1000+?). The cost for a Ruger is $520. The cost of a PSA is $449. You can buy a PSA stripped lower for $39 and a complete upper kit for $299. Spend less than an hour in assembly and you have an AR for $338 plus tax. They are basically all the same rifle with the same "mil-spec" so they are interchangeable.
    Yeah...no, they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Yeah...no, they aren't.
    So youre telling me that I cant change out parts between Colt, Daniel Defense, Del-Ton, DPMS, PSA, Anderson, or any of the others? Oh wow. Guess I better start putting parts back where they belong.

I read your post as Colt is equal to PSA/RUGER/PSA part kits, as quality is concerned.