Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chic fil a bathroom accident

Roddie's friend must like to eat at Chic-fil-a....

For my carry gun, I keep a round in the chamber when carrying, and take the chambered round out when it goes in the drawer/glovebox.

Any link to the shooting of the Polaris? That sounds interesting....
    Last edited by BrandonWagner; 09-19-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWagner View Post
    Now thats a job for uga_dawg.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWagner View Post
    Roddie's friend must like to eat at Chic-fil-a....

For my carry gun, I keep a round in the chamber when carrying, and take the chambered round out when it goes in the drawer/glovebox.

I cant remember who posted it but from what I recall I think they had a shotgun leaned up on it or in the back and maybe a dog jumped into the bed and discharged it. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    I cant remember who posted it but from what I recall I think they had a shotgun leaned up on it or in the back and maybe a dog jumped into the bed and discharged it. I could be wrong.

Different incident.

I know a member on here that sits in his stand and wont chamber a round in his rifle until he sees a deer.
    So there

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    I agree with the whole when carried the weapon being chambered and when “sitting” it not IF children are in the home.

Check out vaultek slider safes. I think that’s the best solution if you want to keep a loaded gun stored in your home.

A lot of people gettin butt hurt over this and it’s pretty silly. You’re the only one responsible for you and your family’s safety so who cares if you disagree with another opinion.
    Agreed that each should do what they feel comfortable with.

But I disagree with your stipulation that only loaded guns should be locked up. Too many people have unloaded guns and ammo right next to it. And are kidding themselves by thinking their kids don't know where the ammo is or won't be able to chamber a round. I have a small gun vault safe inside of my console. It's not there so I can leave my gun in my vehicle overnight and not worry about it being stolen. It's there to keep it away from my kids when I'm not in the truck.

Since many missed the point and some of them can't get there by themselves, let me summarize. All guns should be locked up around children. And all guns should be treated as if they are loaded.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 09-20-2019 at 10:51 AM.

I grew up with guns around, didn't think anything strange about it until a few things happened. It only takes dumb people and company over for something bad to happen, nothing ever happened in our house, friends and family though.. Ours are put away besides a defense weapon. I have three kids.

To be clear I never said only loaded guns should be locked up. I said if you have children in your house and want a loaded accessible handgun to use a slider safe. At least that’s what I was getting at.

But back to the original point of the thread I really don’t think this man shot himself as he described. Whoever it was that mentioned him dropping his drawers and the gun hitting the ground just right came up with the most plausible explanation I think.

Default Chic fil a bathroom accident

I think a majority of CWP holders would be safer without a chambered round. Many are trained well and experienced but I guess a majority have shot less than 1000 rounds in their life. I wonder what class this guy fits in.

I wonder if there are more “accidental” discharges or millisecond moments.

Last edited by Bigtimber2; 09-20-2019 at 02:24 PM.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

hmm. Got a sig p238. I don't carry chambered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

To be clear I never said only loaded guns should be locked up. I said if you have children in your house and want a loaded accessible handgun to use a slider safe. At least that’s what I was getting at.

But back to the original point of the thread I really don’t think this man shot himself as he described. Whoever it was that mentioned him dropping his drawers and the gun hitting the ground just right came up with the most plausible explanation I think.
    If he was standing on his head, maybe.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Entered his thigh and stopped in his knee.

Didn't drop it.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 09-20-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Then he actuated the trigger. I don’t know why I’m responding anymore. Done with this thread. Carry on.

To be clear I never said only loaded guns should be locked up.
    That's fair. I gave you credit for you it, but it was more of a general comment about the direction of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Who on here is stupid enough to carry a pistol without a round being chambered?
    This is a good question.

Edit to add - Which one of you dipshits spun this thread onto the topic of locking up guns?
    Last edited by Fish; 09-25-2019 at 09:27 AM.