Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hunting with *******

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Don’t limit it to just that family, there’s a lot of them out there that have kids like that. And I couldn’t tell you a number on the teens we’ve heard of or met who are sick.
    This is a fact that was unknown to me prior to diagnosis. I "knew" that there were kids battling but it never touched my life. My mother died from ovarian cancer on Jan 29, 1997 so I understood everything I needed to know. Our lives have been forever changed now that our eyes have been fully opened.

I'll be honest with everyone and tell you that my biggest fear after hearing the words cancer and leukemia was the fact that other people would look at my son and feel pity. He didn't deserve their pity, there was no reason for anyone to feel that way. It is how I looked at anyone, especially kids, with cancer. I felt so bad for them after watching my mother fight and lose her battle. I did not want anyone to pity Colt. I wanted them to see his strength, his faith, and our resolve. I wanted everyone to recognize that we weren't going to sit back and not be proactive/positive.

Now that I have the coping skills I smile, give a thumbs up, and a "go get'em" when I pass a kid that's still fighting.
    Last edited by gooseaholic; 09-19-2019 at 02:20 PM.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter