Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorado 2019

Nice. That's a poke for sure.
    Carolina Counsel

Nice job. Two weeks and counting... Heading west for two weeks with a pocket full of tags.

awesome. i have been saying "one day" for way too long. out west cant be beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Just curious teal,...…..how old are you and what do you do for a living. I'm way past my prime, but I'm planning for my next life.
    45, from Canada, his family invented acid washed denim and the fanny pack.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    45, from Canada, his family invented acid washed denim and the fanny pack.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

D668769E-FCAC-48C0-AEF0-A4C9259F59C2.jpeg51D2EACB-54A3-455D-8147-4E51EB240B6E.jpgCEEB7A0A-9413-46D0-9509-26500279E0A9.jpgE1819228-2E25-4FDA-BF21-1D933C0BDD3A.jpg8631F1C2-A7CE-4113-8038-98669137492F.jpg

Weren’t able to get dad a mule deer but had a great trip, we fly back at 6am tomorrow. Chased an absolute bruiser for a few days which is that last fuzzy picture. He just seemed to know where the property lines were and the hot weather had them out in the prairie instead of on the hills like normal. Found some good looking places way off the beaten path that had a lot of deer and elk sign and very little hunting pressure to try next year. Might have to drive out and make two trips, come hunt antelope with the bow early season and chase mulies with the rifle in late October. Can’t wait to make it back out here again and will definitely drive out next go around.

That last deer is a stud.

Awesome trip, thank you for sharing updates with us.

Fanny packin, whackin and stackin! Killed another good bull last night. Heading to the breaks to try and kill a muley tomorrow. Montana rocks!

Out of curiosity. How are you getting your meet back if you are flying? Did you flash freeze it somewhere and checking it like luggage in a cooler?

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Out of curiosity. How are you getting your meet back if you are flying? Did you flash freeze it somewhere and checking it like luggage in a cooler?
    I gave the meat off mine away and having the mount shipped back to me.

Looks like it was an awesome trip, I miss living out there and chasing big game. I’d figure out a way to bring the meat back next time, those desert racers taste mighty fine.
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    A boned out antelope, cape and head will fit in a 48 qt cooler. Mine weighed 57 lbs We shipped ours overnight via Fed Ex corporate acct. Cheaper than flying it as an extra bag. Some of the best game I’ve eaten. I bought additional doe tags this year for that reason.

I’m bringing mine back next time. After all the trouble I’ve had today theres no way in hell I’m flying out there again. 6 hours after I landed my bow and gun finally showed up. Of course they charged me extra for parking when I was inside for more than the allowed 15 minutes because it took 30 to find an American Airlines employee to get my stuff back.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    A boned out antelope, cape and head will fit in a 48 qt cooler. Mine weighed 57 lbs We shipped ours overnight via Fed Ex corporate acct. Cheaper than flying it as an extra bag. Some of the best game I’ve eaten. I bought additional doe tags this year for that reason.
    Assuming you processed it yourself once you got back? Or will processors in SC do it? I don’t think you can bring the carcass back any more. Isn’t there a new law in place now about cwd?

I processed it. Not sure about processors now. I had Big Buck Horn do one when they were open. Antelope don’t get CWD. Restrictions are for deer and elk.
    Last edited by FLS; 09-22-2019 at 06:24 AM.

I would have left it there as well. I did not care for pronghorn meat at all (although my grandmother loves it). We got the meat cooked quickly but I just didn’t care for it.
    Carolina Counsel

ABFA94B0-01F7-4D4E-AD7E-2D07F492B057.jpg

Mount was delivered today, obviously the crappy iPhone pic doesn’t do it justice. Taxidermist did a great job.

Nice mount. They make a great euro mount too. I can’t wait to get after them again this year.

That's awesome!