Thread: Gator dispatch question

Default Gator dispatch question

How do y'all do it?

I have killed lots of them through the years. My go to has always been snag them on tuna rods and then use a hand line when they get close. This past weekend I tried the new harpoon I bought and it didnt work well. Went back to the hand line with a big snatch hook and a pistol and they dead.

From the time you hook them until death, how do y'all do it? Friday night I used a .380 to the face and they were done. The pocket rocket stoned them. The reason I used that pistol is I left my .45 at the house.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

usually just shoot them out the truck with a 30-06 and a q beam off the dike and send them to davy jones locker

Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    usually just shoot them out the truck with a 30-06 and a q beam off the dike and send them to davy jones locker
    Another reason we need a “like” button on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Use a steel force tip on your harpoon and you can drag them down the road with it,, all that muzzy bullshit is well bullshit
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    Use a steel force tip on your harpoon and you can drag them down the road with it,, all that muzzy bullshit is well bullshit
    Never had a problem with the muzzy tips. Used the same one for 4-5 gators.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    Also want to hit them in the side or somewhere soft, just not the scutes or head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Looks like BigBrother on here knows whats up!

The harpoon I've used on the few hunts I went on, you had to cut the damn thing out after he was dead. No way it was backing out. Not really sure what your setup is but ours must have been different.