Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening day miseries...

Default Opening day miseries...

I told myself we would never do it again. I was wrong. Two big boys in the same day! Killed the first one about two hours into the season and heading back in, we came across the second one. Had another tag so we killed him as well! Midland Zone

A282C1BE-1E1D-43AD-B0F2-B0EBD1085CE8.jpg

2BDB4ED6-89ED-4E45-8169-49F7AA433A17.jpg

Big ones!

Better you than me...

Nice ones

Ive killed enough to never worry about them again. Unless i have a depredation permit where i can ride by and just shoot em, my gator days are done. To the rest of yall, kill em all! They rank up there with coyotes and fireants and skeeters to me
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Ive killed enough to never worry about them again. Unless i have a depredation permit where i can ride by and just shoot em, my gator days are done. To the rest of yall, kill em all! They rank up there with coyotes and fireants and skeeters to me

My man... You could have said buzzards, vultures, possums, dahamers, and other things that eat dead people.

I said the same thing. Had two duck hunting buddies, one from Ohio, one from New York, both finally drew gator tags back in 2017. Took one on one weekend, the other the next. My expectations were low. Told them that alligator hunting was not what it was 2008-2011. They wanted to come anyway. New York, didn’t kill one. Put him literally on top of a 10’ gator, he said he wanted one bigger and wouldn’t stick him with the harpoon and me screaming at him to stick him. Ohio, bow hunts and bow fishes a lot. He came prepared, and he killed one 8’10”. He was happy, I was glad he got one, and I said I’d never do it again. Too frustrating to work all day then drive down and hunt all afternoon and night and have the gators not let you get within 100 yards.

Got this one yesterday evening in southern coastal that ended up being 11’ 1”

FE13450B-B880-4F83-97A3-06E0CEE5DF43.jpg

Everyone should kill 1 legal gator, and only 1
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    First one I saw killed was in Columbia Sumter around 1979. Fucker liked to have taken the people involved out..

Fuk all that..... If I ain't lookin down at one through the crosshairs, I ain't got the time....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Ive been apart of several legal ones by deffinition of tags. Ive also been on no holds barred depredation ones. The latter is boat loads more fun literally boat full.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Kill’em all
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Good for you, I’ve never been able to connect in the midlands region. Hardest place to kill a big one in the state in my opinion. You seem to have them figured out there. Seems like y’all get them there every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Midlands includes Lake Marion- how hard can it be?

Smoke em if you got em. I hope every tag is punched with extreme prejudice.

I’ve never hunted them before, no real desire to either.

Is there a way to accurately age them?

congrats...
    on doing something I never want to do again
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I can smell it from here. Nice work! Kill some more

I'm with Phone, JAB and 2th. That's not my bag baby...

Good work, and to each their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft