Thread: Sampit River

Default Sampit River

Anyone ever spent any time on the Sampit River. Just wondering is it's safe to run starting past 3V Chemical? I'm sure it's effected by the tide. Will be my first trip this weekend and will have 2 youngins on board and one ain't mine. Anything I need to know as far as navigating?

Thanks
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Them lowcountry boys are crazy about them sampit river clusters!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    Anyone ever spent any time on the Sampit River. Just wondering is it's safe to run starting past 3V Chemical? I'm sure it's effected by the tide. Will be my first trip this weekend and will have 2 youngins on board and one ain't mine. Anything I need to know as far as navigating?

Thanks
    You're good all the way to the trestle, assuming you are in a jon boat? Just stay off my property, got missiles in the trees for trespassers. It is tidal but it's relatively deep water until past the tracks.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I remember when it was considered a toxic wasteland. I will stick to that although I am sure that it is much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I remember when it was considered a toxic wasteland. I will stick to that although I am sure that it is much better now.
    Nope. It's still awful. Don't go on it, and definitely don't fish. There aren't any. Tell everyone you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    You're good all the way to the trestle, assuming you are in a jon boat? Just stay off my property, got missiles in the trees for trespassers. It is tidal but it's relatively deep water until past the tracks.
    21ft bass boat. Son has his first tournament of the year out of the big boat ramp down there. Reason I was asking.

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

CP#96743

So from 3V to the trussle, I should be good?

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Nope. It's still awful. Don't go on it, and definitely don't fish. There aren't any. Tell everyone you know.
    Everyone, do not go on it or your boat will catch afire. If you eat a fish out of it you will grow a uterus and it will fall out...

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    So from 3V to the trussle, I should be good?
    Not sure that’s your best bet to catch bass unless there’s a bowfin division. I guess some do but I’d head up the Waccamaw, Black or PeeDee. Fish around Sandy Island and the fingers.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Bowfin on a fly rod..now that's entertaining at least
    At least I'm housebroken.

You won’t win it on the Sampit. Go up the waccamaw and fish around the ricefields or the fingers. You might do okay up Big Bull or further up towards Bucksport. We were catching 3 or 4 in every ditch mouth the other day.

Last FLW was won in the fingers. Just sayin!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.