Thread: Website SEO

Default Website SEO

Has anyone seen notable results/return from this? Did you do it yourself or hire someone? Any advice?

I have a small business and have tried reading up on what I can, but have not seen much results from anything I have done so far.

You can throw money in a pool at this still and see limited results if for no other reason than so many people are constantly doing the same thing. If you are going to do it then I would hire someone but I would make it someone local who you can at least touch or get a quality reference. Lots of SEO places online are ready to take advantage of people they will never see.

My wife did my webpage and kept it up top for 5 years with little effort- she has never taken a single computer class.
    This year we hired a local company to do a new modern web page with all the bells and whistles, looks a lot better, costing me a few hundy a month, still on top, still get same number of calls for work.

SEO and SEM work if managed properly. Best ROI you will see on the dollar if done by someone that knows what they are doing.
    This type marketing provides hard data and takes the emotions out of the analytics (unlike news print), as you get a report on number of hits, click thru, clicked off, how long they stayed, etc etc. Then you can tweek your message and reevaluate results the next month and keep tweeking
    Buy Google phrases, not just words for best results and cleverness.
    For example, if you sell "widgets"...….don't just buy the word "widgets"
    buy the phrase "widget repairs" "best widget reviews" "best widget in Columbia"
    Get the point?
    Direct mail is still a good ROI if done by someone that knows it as well. About a 6-8% return is realistic with the right offer and mailed to the
    right customer "data points" and mailed only to your demographic zip codes. IE: if your "widgets" cost $5000 don't waste your budget erroneously
    mailing to zip codes that have trailer parks and public housing. You'd be surprised at how many businesses don't ask to filter these out.
    Mail one offer to one side of town and then another offer to the other side of town and see which response is greater...…..its all about constantly tweeking
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-26-2019 at 08:54 PM.

When I first started as a webmaster, I realized SEO is slow. It actually can take years to build the rankings of pages. Your site will have better ranking if it has more high quality links pointing to it. Make sure to post only relevant content with proper key words. If you are looking for prompt results, be sure to check out this seo company

Thanks davidbarker!

Well, as I am not well versed in this subject. I hired SEO services and that's it. They know what to do, and I do not strain my brain with unnecessary information. Because I'm not even interested in the topic. If there are people who specialize in it, why not order their services? It's still better than wasting your time trying to figure out and understand how SEO works. Moreover, it makes no sense to spare the money, because it may depend on the profits from your site. That's the situation I was in. But the result did not disappoint me, the traffic has increased several times.
    Last edited by EllieG; 02-13-2021 at 09:33 AM.

I have no idea what y’all are talking about....off to Google
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.