Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: California, collegiate fair pay.....

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Glenn, what about the players getting paid for their signatures? Or selling a jersey that is his? Profiting off your talents. I think the NCAA is to involved in stuff like that.
    Is that in their LOI that they sign? If so, again, terms to which they agreed. Don't like it, don't sign it and don't play. Simple. Whether I agree or not doesn't matter. It's a private, sorta, institution that sets the rules. No one is forced to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Been charging the same margin for 30 years. Only way I go up is if material and or labor goes up. Unlike most of today’s world I don’t enjoy screwing someone just because I think I can. Just another example of hand out society
    That's what I mean. You're changing the price to reflect the current market. I didn't imply you were screwing over anybody with your prices. Only that you adjust your prices to fit within the market. Things change so you have to change what you charge or you'd probably be out of business at some point. I think the analogy applies to college football. Things have changed with it and at some point you have to entertain changing the rules to reflect current realities.
    Last edited by Remy; 09-19-2019 at 08:05 AM.

If college students are paid it will dissolve collegiate sports. So be it but do not think, they would just receive a monthly check and sweeping changes do not occur.

I honestly don't know. I do know that Roquan Smith didn't sign a LOI and still went on to play at Georgia and won the Butkus award. When it happened, I thought that was going to be a big deal going forward. So far, not so much.