Thread: Tailgate TV

Default Tailgate TV

I thought I could join HULU or YOUTUBE TV take the tv to tailgate and use my phone for hotspot internet and stream HULU to,watch game. Hulu says cant connect tv to wireless device. Y tube TV the same? Then I thought I could just stream HULU on my phone and mirror it on my tv. But app I downloaded says both device and tv have to be on same internet network for that to work. I noticed an app I think on the. LG tv that allows mirroring but didn’t figure out tonight. Gotta be a way without the dish. Who knows about this??
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Get an hdmi cable and an adapter for it that will work with your phone. It’s what I have to do with my iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Get an hdmi cable and an adapter for it that will work with your phone. It’s what I have to do with my iPad.
    Ditto.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

I have never successfully streamed video from my phone while tailgating to a TV. Hooking it up is simple enough, but around noon when all the social media junkies are trying to make it on Old Row, your cell signal will go to shit and make streaming impossible.......

This is a good suggestion. Probably will not work though depending on your phone. I know apple for sure has removed the ability to send screen and video to TV through those adapters. I used to do it on Netflix from phone to TV. Several IOS system upgrades ago (or app updates, as I honestly don't know which one it was) they did away with the compatibility to do that. I'm can't speak for YouTube TV or Hulu, but its probably the same.

Also do not know if other phones besides iphones have lost this ability too.

Our Tv's at home you can cast from your phone to the tv but don't ask me how to do that...

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Our Tv's at home you can cast from your phone to the tv but don't ask me how to do that...
    I believe both need to be on the same WiFi network.

For the original question- I have a Roku stick that’s streams YouTube TV. I can use my iPhone as the personal hotspot and watch whatever.

FEETS makes a good point about cellular strength during gameday being rough.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

And I dont know what y'all are talking about with iPhones not being able to cast to a TV. I plugged my iPhoneX into the apple HDMI cable adaptor and watched a video on Vimeo on my TV last night.....

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    And I dont know what y'all are talking about with iPhones not being able to cast to a TV. I plugged my iPhoneX into the apple HDMI cable adaptor and watched a video on Vimeo on my TV last night.....
    That may the difference. I've tried netflix and few other apps through HDMI adpaters, they weren't apple. Couldn't get it to work.

https://www.cabletv.com/blog/how-to-...t-iphone-to-tv

The simplest way to get connect your iPhone to your TV is to use an HDMI cable from your phone to your TV’s HDMI port. You’ll also need an adapter to connect the HDMI cable to your iOS device.

Apple sells the adapters you’ll need. The fare is typical of Apple—expensive, but the product is well-made. Apple always recommends that you buy its products rather than knockoffs, but if you want to save some money, you can also pick up an adapter from Amazon or another third party that will get the job done. Just make sure it supports High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).

Pro Tip: HDCP is an anti-pirating measure implemented by many streaming providers. If the adapter doesn’t support this protocol, you can’t play content from several services, like Netflix and HBO NOW.

-This is what I've been experiencing. If Foot is using the super duper apple connection that probably made the difference.

That's most likely it. I just grabbed it from best buy when I went in to buy an extra HDMI cable

yep
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    This is a good suggestion. Probably will not work though depending on your phone. I know apple for sure has removed the ability to send screen and video to TV through those adapters. I used to do it on Netflix from phone to TV. Several IOS system upgrades ago (or app updates, as I honestly don't know which one it was) they did away with the compatibility to do that. I'm can't speak for YouTube TV or Hulu, but its probably the same.
    New app espn went to does the same thing. Streams fine on the phone. Plug in the adapter and it shuts down.

Communist company.