Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Personal injury attorney advice

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    We get it, you're a shitbag personal injury attorney.
    Whatcha gonna do when the min-bike's chain breaks and you fall into the fire 'cause they used China Pot-metal instead of the good stuff. Who are YOU gonna call?
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Nope.

Lots of over emotional kweers in here. They won't let us hold duels anymore, so, lawyers.

Deal with it...

Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by avuncularben View Post
    Have some of y’all not watched the “hot coffee” documentary about the McDonald’s case? You need to before you go any further with this absolutist anti-personal injury attitude.
    Like a few of us have said, a "true" injury caused by the negligence of others should be compensated. For every McDonald's case there are how many tens of thousands of frivolous complaints? If you think that every shitbag PI attorney on TV is representing a case like the hot coffee one then you are either ignorant, stupid, or naive.
    Last edited by Geetch; 09-13-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post
    My wife handles personal injury cases. Feel free to Pm me and I'll get you the number to her lawfirm.
    I wouldn't advertise that. Just like I wouldn't tell people if my wife were a stripper. Both carry a negative stereotype and are of questionable morality.
    Last edited by Geetch; 09-13-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Ever wonder why most politicians were lawyers first?

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    I wouldn't advertise that. Just like I wouldn't tell people if my wife were a stripper or didn't like bacon on sandwiches. Both carry a negative stereotype and are of questionable morality.

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    These ambulance chasers bet on the insurance company settling instead of going to trial. No fees unless we win and scumbags think, "it won't cast me anything", so why not. The attorneys only goal is to settle, bill as much as possible, and give what is leftover to the scumbag.

I have zero respect for PI attorneys. They are pieces of shit. I'm all for compensating someone with a legitimate injury but the litigious nature of people is bullshit.

My son had an accident. His fault. The people he hit said they were fine, denied ambulance care, then went to an attorney. I have no doubt they were sore and bruised. They went to the ER, the PoS attorney sent them to "her" chiropractor (I have the same opinion of them as as I do PI attorneys), and went after the insurance company and then tried to come after our homeowners and umbrella policy. They claimed $375k would be needed in long-term medical care with "her" chiropractor. They settled for $25k. I saw some of the invoices from the ER and chiropractor. I figure they got about $10k after all was over. A windfall for them and nice payday for the ambulance chaser scumbag.

Needless to say, my son wasn't driving after that.
    Personal injury attorneys generally don’t bill hours. They work based upon contingency fees.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    Personal injury attorneys generally don’t bill hours. They work based upon contingency fees.
    Right, still the same point. They get x% of collected less expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    A better term would be "liar's coach".
    I hope you never find yourself in a position of needing a personal injury attorney because it will mean you or one of your family members has suffered a serous injury. I’m willing to bet if you do you will want the best liar’s coach you can find.
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 09-13-2019 at 11:33 AM.

That was better than counting sheep

Not the same point. PI attorneys invest their own time and resources long before any possible compensation. If they pursue bad cases, they don’t eat. Sure, there are bad ones, like in any industry.

Not the same point. PI attorneys invest their own time and resources long before any possible compensation. If they pursue bad cases, they don’t eat. Sure, there are bad ones, like in any industry.
    Please tell us more about the sacrifices PI attorneys are forced to make.

Show me one PI shit bag that has ever seen a "bad case." The most minor accident is a good case for them.

"Serious injury" was mentioned above, I agree those people should be compensated but most PI attorneys I've dealt with are all about volume and settling with the insurance company. They have little if any regard for doing what is moral or in the benefit of their client. They are after the quick buck.

Fuck them all.
    Last edited by Geetch; 09-13-2019 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Corrected a misquote of the PI defender, avuncularben

Three years of law school and sometimes well over 100k in debt. Typically have to hang their own shingle and pay for malpractice insurance, license fees, research subscriptions, CLE costs. Off the top of my head.

PI lawyers, like solicitors, family law attorneys, and criminal defense attorneys reject cases and clients all the time.

I did not mention “serious injury.”

Three years of law school and sometimes well over 100k in debt. Typically have to hang their own shingle and pay for malpractice insurance, license fees, research subscriptions, CLE costs. Off the top of my head.

Wow. Un-believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    I hope your boss never actually sends you to court. Controlling your emotions isn't exactly what your best at, is it?
    Response wasn't emotional. It was rational. You sounded like a little girl and I hate insurance companies. As for my boss, yes I send myself to court often.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Insurance companies settle out of court because they know what a jury will do to them.
    Not exactly. They settle out of court because it is cheaper than paying the lawyer to try the case (and assume additional and uncontrollable risk associated with it). I'm fortunate to be in a particular field that allows me to try a good many cases, but there is still a risk-benefit analysis and claims are paid in some cases even though there is no liability.
    Carolina Counsel

By “law,” I mean the legal system. A jury is a component of the legal system. The legal system also has a component called summary judgment, which prevents baseless cases from reaching a jury.
    Not picking on you, but have you argued a motion for summary judgment in South Carolina circuit court? Good luck.
    Carolina Counsel