Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal injury attorney advice

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    THIS What the hell is an undercooked steak?
    We call that a steer round here.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

When a Client asks me why their insurance rates keep going up, I tell them to count how many personal injury attorney commercials they see on TV. They always leave my office pissed at Akeem and George Sink.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

There a 3 common scenarios seen in SC where people who don't really have high paying jobs seem to be living the high life
    1.) They are Yankees implants who made much higher wages up north who have moved down here where their money goes a lot further. 2.) they got a nice settlement on a personal injury claim. Or 3.) they are working their mediocre job and drawing a big military disability check.

See it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    There a 3 common scenarios seen in SC where people who don't really have high paying jobs seem to be living the high life
    1.) They are Yankees implants who made much higher wages up north who have moved down here where their money goes a lot further. 2.) they got a nice settlement on a personal injury claim. Or 3.) they are working their mediocre job and drawing a big military disability check.

See it all the time.
    Define "the high life."

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Define "the high life."
    Upper middle class. You know the type...you can't figure out how they can afford the home they have and nice cars and toys.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Seeing that reminded me of the drunk girl that tried to skip/run into my house one night, never seeing the glass storm door. She hit it so hard she shattered her nose and bounced back air-born all the way to the porch railing.

That shit was funny, and i didn't get sued.

PS - tell the dumbass to look where he's going next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Personal injury attorneys sometimes lose. Insurance companies never lose. File a claim they jack up premium rates. Don’t file a claim they continue collecting premiums and many times raise rates anyway.

Insurance is a competitive business one company cannot arbitrarily raise rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Insurance is a competitive business one company cannot arbitrarily raise rates.

A competitive business comprised of satan and his spawns. People talk about how lawyers are so terrible (until they need one), but seem to overlook the screwing that insurance companies of just about every ilk love to give their insureds. File a claim or two and see how quickly your HO carrier drops your arse. And I'm not talking about insurance salesmen, I'm talking about underwriters and those sorts.
    Carolina Counsel

See it all the time.
    4th scenario) they are in debt to their eyeballs
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

See it all the time.
    5th scenario - trust fund babies
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    A competitive business comprised of satan and his spawns. People talk about how lawyers are so terrible (until they need one), but seem to overlook the screwing that insurance companies of just about every ilk love to give their insureds. File a claim or two and see how quickly your HO carrier drops your arse. And I'm not talking about insurance salesmen, I'm talking about underwriters and those sorts.
    I trust an insurance company 10x more than I'll ever trust an attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    I trust an insurance company 10x more than I'll ever trust an attorney.
    PI attorneys are not to be trusted, other attorneys I don't have an issue with. PI attorneys like to claim they are putting the "victim" first but that rarely seems to be the case.

It pisses me off to see damn union worker Yankees move down here and buy nice houses in my rural sc community and live an easier life than us hard working South Carolinians because the cost of living is so much less here. You'll have trashy looking rednecks buy a nice home in a nice neighborhood here. You'll be like, look at those cats...how the fuck could they afford that home...oh, with their dirty trashy yankee money!

I'm not talking about stereotyping people by their looks along, I'm talking about getting the scoop on what they do. The dude might work at the prison and the wife might work at the 7/11 and they just bought a nice house and drivin new cars.

The damn asians are buying up our sc farm and timberland just as quick as the Yankees are buying up our houses! Know that!
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 09-12-2019 at 02:57 PM.

It pisses me off to see damn union worker Yankees move down here and buy nice houses in my rural sc community and live an easier life than us hard working South Carolinians because the cost of living is so much less here. You'll have trashy looking rednecks buy a nice home in a nice neighborhood here. You'll be like, look at those cats...how the fuck could they afford that home...oh, with their dirty trashy yankee money!

I'm not talking about stereotyping people by their looks along, I'm talking about getting the scoop on what they do. The dude might work at the prison and the wife might work at the 7/11 and they just bought a nice house and drivin new cars.
    You could have moved to the North and work in Union. I am opposed to Unions but also the globalism the red states brought us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    You could have moved to the North and work in Union. I am opposed to Unions but also the globalism the red states brought us.
    Hell no. South Carolina is my home. My family members are all buried here going back as far as the 1700's that I know of. I'm a South Carolina man born here and will die here. I hate people who move around just for the allure of jobs, money, and climate. How they hell do you even have an identify if you up and move to another state. I would never do it. That being said, I ain't fighting no wars that don't effect my state either! I argued to my academic adviser in college on why the fuck I was required to take fucking 4 semesters of foreign language. He said, "you may want to get into international business one day." I said look here mane, I'm from po-dunk South Carolina and when I graduate from here I'm going straight back to po-dunk South Carolina. Taking a foreign language will never be of any value to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    PI attorneys are not to be trusted, other attorneys I don't have an issue with. PI attorneys like to claim they are putting the "victim" first but that rarely seems to be the case.
    I usually defend attorneys/insurance companies pretty fervently. I think both industries/professions get bad raps from ignorant people. But I die a little inside each time I hear attorneys try to take the moral high ground over an insurance company.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    True, but actuary numbers do not lie. They all have them and it is no more than risk assessment.

This thread is why anyone with assets needs an umbrella.

Hell no. South Carolina is my home. My family members are all buried here going back as far as the 1700's that I know of. I'm a South Carolina man born here and will die here. I hate people who move around just for the allure of jobs, money, and climate. How they hell do you even have an identify if you up and move to another state. I would never do it. That being said, I ain't fighting no wars that don't effect my state either! I argued to my academic adviser in college on why the fuck I was required to take fucking 4 semesters of foreign language. He said, "you may want to get into international business one day." I said look here mane, I'm from po-dunk South Carolina and when I graduate from here I'm going straight back to po-dunk South Carolina. Taking a foreign language will never be of any value to me!
    I think you just answered all of your “why” questions.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    I usually defend attorneys/insurance companies pretty fervently. I think both industries/professions get bad raps from ignorant people. But I die a little inside each time I hear attorneys try to take the moral high ground over an insurance company.
    If this is directed at me, I am by no means ignorant.