Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Personal injury attorney advice

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    You must have pissed someone off. I have a lot more items covered than what you mentioned, and in the last 5 years I’ve probably had 5-10 windshields fixed or replaced along with a total loss fire on a property I owned. Rates didn’t go up and I was never dropped. State Farm has consistently been the lowest quotes I’ve received on vehicles and properties.
    Nope, this was probably 6 or so years ago. just received a letter in the mail one day a few months after windshields were repaired.
    Consider yourself lucky, I wonder if they randomly "audit" back to back claims and I was just unlucky.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-13-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I'm just a person who hates insurance companies (not their agents and often not their adjusters) who happens to be a lawyer. I'm primarily a defense lawyer, but don't work for traditional insurance companies and won't (as they're just as intent on screwing their own lawyers as they are on screwing everyone else). I have taken some personal injury cases and made some good money doing so. I don't take soft injury BS cases though. As far as PI lawyers being in the business to profit off of someone's misfortune, that may be true. Of course, there are good ones out there who don't advertise and you would love to have them on your side if you needed help. However, what is an insurance company doing when it hikes rates after a claim or two? Increasing premiums or dropping its insured TO MAKE A PROFIT. Many of my posts on this thread have been to stir the pot, which I've done. I've boiled some blood and made someone sound like a little girl. I'll leave this to y'all.
    You know what you should do? You should write a letter to the SCDOI. A brilliant lawyer like you should certainly be able to show the department that your insurance company broke their contract and refused to cover your losses. And on top of that, they raised your rates, then dropped you! What a bunch of crooks. Be sure to let them know that you are definitely a smart attorney, you've made part of your living suing insurance companies, and you don't play games.

Met with an adjuster on a hail claim this morning. He was a staff adjuster for Erie. We got on the roof performed an inspection. This house was in very bad shape and you could tell that the man had let the place goes(gutters falling off, windows with duct tape type stuff). He informed the homeowner that Erie would be paying him to replace his roof but after that he would get canceled due to the disrepair of the rest of his house and the apparent risk.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

A good buddy is an insurance defense lawyer. He deeply despises his clients. The treat him like a clueless idiot, as if the adjuster knows more about the law than he does.
    They refuse to settle meritorious claims, and then blame him when they get their asses handed to them in court. They slash his bills, even though they have already negotiated a ridiculously low hourly rate, which is probably fair, since he spends half of his time generating CYA letters starting with "I have advised you to . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Met with an adjuster on a hail claim this morning. He was a staff adjuster for Erie. We got on the roof performed an inspection. This house was in very bad shape and you could tell that the man had let the place goes(gutters falling off, windows with duct tape type stuff). He informed the homeowner that Erie would be paying him to replace his roof but after that he would get canceled due to the disrepair of the rest of his house and the apparent risk.
    Nothing wrong with that IMO.
    Paid the claim under the current policy in force as they should and cancelled midterm, not because of the claim but due to condition/unacceptable risk.
    How old was the roof? Was it in as bad of shape as the rest of the home?

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    A good buddy is an insurance defense lawyer. He deeply despises his clients. The treat him like a clueless idiot, as if the adjuster knows more about the law than he does.
    They refuse to settle meritorious claims, and then blame him when they get their asses handed to them in court. They slash his bills, even though they have already negotiated a ridiculously low hourly rate, which is probably fair, since he spends half of his time generating CYA letters starting with "I have advised you to . . ."
    Sounds like two well known insurance companies we deal with regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Paid the claim under the current policy in force as they should and cancelled midterm, not because of the claim but due to condition/unacceptable risk.
    You know the roof was bad also.

The clients GMAC mentions normally call an attorney before they call in a claim. No matter what is offered, they will be mad.

Also one of my attorney friends tells me he can smell minimum limits when they walk through the door.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-14-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Roof was terrible. I thought the insurance company did the guy a solid for paying for it though.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid