Thread: Class E license?

Default Class E license?

Does anyone on here have one?

http://scdmvonline.com/Driver-Servic...---Classes-E-F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a class E, got it a few years back. What ya need to know?

I got e,f, g and a motorcycle. Not a big deal to get
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by SCDEERE View Post
    I have a class E, got it a few years back. What ya need to know?
    A few things

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    I got e,f, g and a motorcycle. Not a big deal to get
    I did some brief reading online at lunch and it looks like if you have a truck and a camper that are a combined 26K in pounds or higher you need a class E.

They mention a need to have a permit prior to that and to practice before the driving portion.

How are you gonna practice if you have to buy the license prior to legally driving the combo you want to buy?

You can get a permit which you will get after you take the knowledge test and you can drive with someone else with the same licenses or greater in the passenger seat. I believe the permit is good for 6 months. I got the class E because at the time, the fire department I am in required it to drive a fire apparatus. On the other hand my dad has a toy hauler that weights around 16k and a single rear F350 and he has a class D licenses and hasn't had any issues. Hasn't been stopped by a cop when towing either. Seems to be a gray area.....

Quote Originally Posted by SCDEERE View Post
    You can get a permit which you will get after you take the knowledge test and you can drive with someone else with the same licenses or greater in the passenger seat. I believe the permit is good for 6 months. I got the class E because at the time, the fire department I am in required it to drive a fire apparatus. On the other hand my dad has a toy hauler that weights around 16k and a single rear F350 and he has a class D licenses and hasn't had any issues. Hasn't been stopped by a cop when towing either. Seems to be a gray area.....
    I’m flirting with the idea of buying a big fifth wheel or toy hauler if I get stationed in California next. I want to do a road trip across, live in it a few years, road trip it back, and sell it.

I need to be legal because I will be in Kalifornia.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I’m flirting with the idea of buying a big fifth wheel or toy hauler if I get stationed in California next. I want to do a road trip across, live in it a few years, road trip it back, and sell it.

I need to be legal because I will be in Kalifornia.

I've always been told that the class E is only valid in SC. Only guys with a CDL could drive the trucks outside the state.

I have known people to get ticketed for not having the correct class license plate tag on their truck. Get a "P" tag and you should be good.
    Last edited by SCDEERE; 09-11-2019 at 01:54 PM.

If you get a P tag make sure you don't skip on the weight. Pro tip
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"