Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 18 years ago

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 18 years ago

I still remember it pretty clearly.

I remember.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

I was in 2nd grade. I remember not doing a thing that day at school, my HR teacher went to NYC on the reg.. I remember her crying at her desk as we watched movies. I remember my mom telling me after school what happened but I didnt understand 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    ^^ BADASS ^^

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

i miss the nationalism(?) that came shortly after that tragic day. It made me proud to be an American.

These days, not so much....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i miss the nationalism(?) that came shortly after that tragic day. It made me proud to be an American.

With you on this one. Just look at what has been elected to Congress.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Yeap

I remember those 9/11 cookouts at BG. Always could feel it there.

I was spaying a cat when the first plane hit. Was home watching the news when the second hit and towers fell. I remember catching some grief because I didn't go out and paint everything I had red, white and blue. My response was, A) I showed my patriotism and gratitude for being an American when I joined up and served and B) you should be just a patriotic post 9/11/01 as you were on 9/10/01. Otherwise you're flag waving to be part of a crowd. It changed me. Pissed me off. I'm still pissed. But my patriotism and love of this country didn't change that day. But man everyone who ran out, bought flags and jumped on that emotional band wagon sure have sulked back into their lives of comfort and entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I remember those 9/11 cookouts at BG. Always could feel it there.

I was spaying a cat when the first plane hit. Was home watching the news when the second hit and towers fell. I remember catching some grief because I didn't go out and paint everything I had red, white and blue. My response was, A) I showed my patriotism and gratitude for being an American when I joined up and served and B) you should be just a patriotic post 9/11/01 as you were on 9/10/01. Otherwise you're flag waving to be part of a crowd. It changed me. Pissed me off. I'm still pissed. But my patriotism and love of this country didn't change that day. But man everyone who ran out, bought flags and jumped on that emotional band wagon sure have sulked back into their lives of comfort and entitlement.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

and I kept help but giggle with all you folks being in grade school.

I was at work. We had a little tiny tv with a VHS slot for watching dental videos. We heard what had happened and turned on the only channel we could get and watched the second plane hit. It was certainly something I will never forget...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

and I kept help but giggle with all you folks being in grade school.

I was at work. We had a little tiny tv with a VHS slot for watching dental videos. We heard what had happened and turned on the only channel we could get and watched the second plane hit. It was certainly something I will never forget...
    Same here, right down to the little TV with the vcr slot. We all thought it had been an accident until the second plane hit. I can still feel that sick feeling in my gut when the towers went down.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Definitely didn’t have a clear understanding of it that day but I can vividly remember where I was.
    4th grade, Mrs. Mcutcheon’s English class. Another teacher came in and told her and she started crying and left the room to talk with other teachers. We knew it was something bad but didn’t know exactly what. Charlie, the boy sitting behind me thought it was a gas leak at the school. They came back in and explained to us what had happened and I remember we weren’t allowed outside for recess that day.
    That evening I remember riding with my dad to the gas station to fill up all our vehicles and how long the lines were at the pump and my grandparents coming to the house to talk about it.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I will never forget that day. And, like 2th, the response was awesome, but just 18 short years later, we're right back divided, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    I will never forget that day. And, like 2th, the response was awesome, but just 18 short years later, we're right back divided, it seems.
    Way sooner than that. Enough people voted to elect a USA hating muslim over 10 years ago.

Thomas Jefferson

My how that day changed this country.

I remember clearly. Had a breakfast meeting in downtown Charleston that morning. Driving over the Cooper River Bridge around 8:45 am when the first plane hit, they came on the radio and shared. By 9 am or so, second one hit and then our lives changed forever. I mean think about how we lived on Sept 10, compared to every day since.

Never Forget.

I still remember all of the “United We Stand” bumper stickers. Our country definitely rallied together during those times.

11th grade US History. Watched the 2nd plane hit. Black Blaze on here was the first to tell me that morning that he thought a US Embassy had been bombed and little did we know it was New York. God bless all of those first responders and folks involved.

I was laying in my bed in Rehoboth Beach and my wife came in the bedroom and said,
    "you need to wake up and see this", referring to the breaking news.
    I had just gotten in late the night before from working in the Trade Towers on 9/10.
    I was inside one of the towers all day, the day before doing a presentation.
    I just sat there in shock for about an hour