Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 18 years ago

Haha, I've known him for years. He might be in syndication in the State, but he's not with them anymore. He was the last reason I bought that paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Namedropper
    He can't help it.

Ralph
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I heard of this Ralph guy. He sounds marvelous.

10th grade social studies class. Once we watched the second plane hit the school turned into a ghost town quick. I remember going to the gas station and filling up every vehicle, boat and gas can we had.

I was in a terrorism training class that day. When all the FBI guys pagers started going off I new it was real. The training was beside the airport and I can remember this huge line of planes coming in but not a single one taking off. That was one of the weirdest things when the last plane landed and the sky was quiet.

Range 400 in twenty nine palms california.our company commander brought us all together and told us what happened. I remember a couple of guys from New York flipping out and a couple crying. They locked down base and we stayed to run the range. Trucks were supposed to come get us, but skipper decided we would hump back. Quietest 10 miles we ever walked. The whole company was pretty much silent. Being 19 and infantry marines all the uncertainty about what we were about to do became reality that day. We wanted to to go immediately to make them pay. We didnt know who "they" were. Really frustrating and scary time as a kid.
    The price is firm.

I was flying out of NYC sometime in 2009 and sat next to a guy that was curled into a sniveling ball. During take-off he got even worse. I felt really sorry for the guy because he was clearly an emotional wreck so I didn't even try to talk to him. But I did notice that he wore a FDNY bracelet.

When we landed he seemed to come life and became somewhat "normal" so I pointed to his bracelet and asked if he lost someone in 911. He flip it over and showed me the name "George DiPasquale" telling me that he lost his older brother, a New York City fireman, in the North Tower collapse. He then told me that his parents almost lost both of their sons because of air planes. I don't remember if it was verbal or just through a gesture but I got him to continue...he pulled out his iPhone.

He started showing me pictures from inside Flight 1549 that went into the Hudson. I deserve Bill Engvall's sign because I asked if he was on the flight that went into the Hudson. He told me yes and we telling me more about it when the lane cleared and we had to start moving. I haven't seen him since.

I was reminded of this conversation during the 2013 9-11 anniversary when the Bing strip for the day showed a hand over the 9-11 memorial with the last name, "DiPasquale".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

wow.
    this thread does not disappoint.

good stuff, all

My greatest hope on this day each year, is that all of the lives lost that day and in the years that followed were not in vain. I pray that American's will never have to fear for their safety in the homeland again thanks to the sacrifice of brave men and women who hunted down the people responsible for and in favor of that cowardly attack.

I remember it very clearly. It had a huge impact on my life. I joined the military after that on 10/27/2001 and I’m still in. It’s affected millions in one way or another. Men and Women are joining today who were not alive when it happened. They will fight in a war that was started when they were not alive. There’s no doubt my whole military Career (20 yrs) will be spent in war time! That’s insane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was working from home that day, eating a late breakfast and watching CNN coverage of the first plane hit... when I watched the second plane curl in from behind the second tower and crash into it right after I said to myself... 'That plane is going to crash into the tower, too'.

I'll never forget that video in my mind, or the all-out patriotism that ensued. And I'll not forgive those who have worked to split this country and are now working hard to break it apart... I'd rather meet them in Hell if I have to.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I had just walked out of Jenkins Hall and sat down for breakfast at the canteen. It was on a Tuesday and they canceled drill.

Y’all are some young bucks...thanks to those who served or continue to serve.

I was a young 22yr old know it all branch manager in Mt P.....Mom called office phone when the first plane hit..went to the break room and took the tv out into the lobby.

One of our regulars was a commercial shrimper/ multi war veteran.....never forget his face watching the second place hit .....I will never see a man that pissed til the day I die.

thats an interesting point, JW. people with a little more skin in the game take it personally.

I do think all the "We will never forget" memes are funny since we have not only forgotten, we've capitulated to the terrorists demands.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Working in a state prison when an inmate that worked for me came running in to my office hollering, "we're being attacked". I jumped up and said, "What the Hell you talking about" (thinking, he found some battery acid and snorted it). He told me to turn on my T.V. I turned it on to see the first tower burning and then the second one get hit. He started flipping out. Unbeknownst to me, he was a former marine gunnery sgt. and he was having a come apart. Other coworkers showed up and a we all just watched in disbelief as it all happened. Very sad day. I was 30 and oh yeah, it was my birthday.

21, was on the frontage road of 95 outside of Santee installing an HVAC unit.....started early that am because of the heat and had the truck pulled up by the unit and radio on. That feeling of listening to all that transpired is so surreal and forever etched in my mind. Finished up and came back to my dad and grandads office, and will never forget them watching the coverage.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I was on the way to work that morning listening to John Boy and Billy when they broke the news. Initially they were speculating that a small plane struck the tower but within the next few minutes they stated it was a passenger jet.
    My first thoughts were how could this even happen? I got to work and turned on the TV in time to see the 2nd jet hit and I knew......
    When the 3rd and 4th plane crashed I decided it was time to take a few precautionary steps and decided to gas up the vehicles and get better armed until more info was available.
    I called the wife and told her to met me at the gas station. After we gassed up I followed the wife to the grocery store to buy a few things and returned to work within the hour to let my employees leave for the day.
    Thinking about it today in light of our continued lack of immigration enforcement stirs an anger in me.
    I'll never forget.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 09-12-2019 at 06:45 AM.

i'm sorry. but i'm laughing at you, and everyone else, who got gas and groceries that day.....

but in a nice way, of course.