Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammo experts-steel shot

Im a tss fan when it comes to turkey loads as many are....Cost of a turkey load doesnt matter to me when you look at how many you will actually shoot. Ducks is a different story for most but apex came out with a duplex tss/steel waterfowl load that is right at 1.50/shell. Not too bad in my opinion. I dont shoot many times during duck season. Ill go to arkansas for 5 days and wont shoot a box of shells. The apex loads i ordered are 7/8 oz 20 gauge. 5/8 oz of #4 steel and 1/4 oz of #9 tss. Havent shot them yet but am anxious to see how they do and how they need to be constricted......if at all.
    \"Go to Know\"

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you cant hide money
    Or a time machine - I think they quit making those years ago...I kept my last box of Federal Tungsten-Poly as a memento...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruggz View Post
    I just bought a case of Federal Speed Shock for pretty cheap. We will see how it works.
    Been shooting it for years. Patterns well and for $100 a case you can’t beat it
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you cant hide money
    Like they say around here... "You pheasants go be poor someplace else."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I feel like the Kent’s shot better out of my 1187, and the federal ultra shocks shoot better out of my M2. I did a case of 3” #3 ultrashocks last season and felt good about them.
    867-5309

Shot hevi metal this weekend and kent fast steel. Kent patterned significantly better than the hevi. I will still try a few others but right now Kent seems to be the ticket for my gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Been shooting it for years. Patterns well and for $100 a case you can’t beat it
    Rogers has run them for 79.99 for 3", maybe after a rebate, for the last few years during the offseason, too.
    Last edited by WNM; 09-23-2019 at 09:40 AM.