Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I知 a proud American, but...

Uhhhh yeahhhh....we are like 22 tril in the hole. We cant hand out bags of cash to everyone across the globe. I'm sad about the Bahamas and every other nation and territory across the globe that suffers natural disaster. That's not what American tax dollars are for. We can't pay our own bills as it is. Refugees here on TPS will have to be fed, clothed, medicated, and housed on our dime. They ain't going back once they get a taste of the land of the FREE!
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 09-10-2019 at 09:01 PM.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Thanks JAB!!!. You get it and he don't. He is Always wanting to start shit on this GREAT SITE then blame it on somebody else. Just My Opinion
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

You and Michelle have a lot in common.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Thanks JAB!!!. You get it and he don't. He is Always wanting to start shit on this GREAT SITE then blame it on somebody else. Just My Opinion
    "Starting stuff" and having a differing opinion ain't the same thing. Some of y'all get shook when you have to defend yourselves. Irony is, that's classic lib protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    "Starting stuff" and having a differing opinion ain't the same thing. Some of y'all get shook when you have to defend yourselves. Irony is, that's classic lib protocol.
    This is gospel on the lib protocol. They want to talk over you not with you. ZERO interest in compromise. But I still haven稚 seen an answer from OP to my original question. Just curious. Some people are good at blurting out an opinion or statement without thinking it through or facts to back it up....
    Last edited by Palmetto Duck; 09-11-2019 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Misspelling changed meaning on a word
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Lots of Bahamians coming to the US right now with many being hosted by gracious families until they rebuild their lives.
    Also, US support is massive both physically and monetarily with so many running boats over full of supplies daily as weather permits.
    Not to mention the Corps and USCG support...
    The Haitian refugees are a huge problem and the Bahama Islands are full of drug dealers, smugglers, and corruption and that is why the POTUS want's the brakes applied (somehow I think you already knew that).
    Roddie, I hope your family is safe....If this group can help your family in any way, I'm sure many will rally to your side to assist?
    Speak up if you need anything, seriously.....
    Last edited by Calibogue; 09-11-2019 at 07:09 AM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

^ you know....this is why its hard to be a compassionate conservative. if you try to help, people thinks its just to save face. if you dont help, its because you're white.

Roddie---all I know is that I dont know enough to comment about this particular situation. I, too, hope your people are safe.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

What Cali said.

Roddie, if you know how to get stuff directly into your family's hands, I have lots of clothes. I can send several bags/boxes of stuff from infant to adult.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

First and foremost, thank you to those have shown a little empathy and offered assistance.

Secondly, I admittedly, as SW said, am motivated and affected by emotions. Don’t mistake that statement as an apology either.

I know for sure that the Prime Minister is a dirt bag. I’m more aware of what happens there than probably every last person on this site, so I know all about the undesirable illegals there. I also know that it’s easy to request and verify Bahamian citizenship. You can holler fake news and all that BS, but I’ve been on the phone, seeing and hearing what’s happening.
    A few of you need a lot more God in your lives.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    I can always read between the lines of your baseless accusations. Somebody should slap both your daddies for their poor attempt at raising a man.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    You and Michelle have a lot in common.
    Yes we do. Both of us have bigger balls than you, you rock throwing and hide in the bushes, bitch made coward. Prove me wrong.

Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ^ you know....this is why its hard to be a compassionate conservative. if you try to help, people thinks its just to save face. if you dont help, its because you're white.

Roddie---all I know is that I dont know enough to comment about this particular situation. I, too, hope your people are safe.
    Thanks 2th
    I too consider myself a compassionate conservative and have never been accused of being white for helping someone. For better or worse, the post was about extreme nationalism, not racism. I noticed your comment in the 9/11 thread about the “lack of nationalism” these days. Just in case that was directed at me, just know that there’s a big difference between nationalism and patriotism...one demands a set of balls while the other only requires a big mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Lots of Bahamians coming to the US right now with many being hosted by gracious families until they rebuild their lives.
    Also, US support is massive both physically and monetarily with so many running boats over full of supplies daily as weather permits.
    Not to mention the Corps and USCG support...
    The Haitian refugees are a huge problem and the Bahama Islands are full of drug dealers, smugglers, and corruption and that is why the POTUS want's the brakes applied (somehow I think you already knew that).
    Roddie, I hope your family is safe....If this group can help your family in any way, I'm sure many will rally to your side to assist?
    Speak up if you need anything, seriously.....
    Good stuff here.

More people getting it done...

Me and Brett Mcgee
    have just returned home from GTC. I would like to tell you all that its not too bad. But its terrible. So much destruction everywhere. Our crossing was erie. We never saw another boat the entire way. The entire bahama bank is clear of any debris i am guessing most of it is way out to sea. The water is still milky in color around Abaco.
    When we arrived in GTC. We offloaded about 3000lbs of very needed supplys. THANK YOU all for your generous gifts. You donations filled an 8ftx30 ft long dock.
    We then left Green turtle and went to Great Gauna cay. We were able to swim in tarps and a bucked of roof nails to our friends home. This island also sustained substantial damage.
    We returned back to GTC and went into the settlement of New Plymouth. We removed the church pews and stacked them. These 2 churches are being used to distribute all of the donated supplys. Which are greatly needed. On the first night we filled one of the churches and by morning almost everything had been distributed. Teamwork with neighbors helping nieghbors was fantastic. Church services are being held on the ferry dock.
    We were met by the locals with open arms. They were so appreciative of all of the volunteers. A 83ft yacht from Maimi arrived at the GTC club with tons of supplys and they fed hot food to all.
    If anyone is wondering what the Bahamian government is doing to help out GTC. Well unfortunately NO OFFICIALS HAVE SHOWN UP !
    The second day we found a rental cottage that the owner agreed to let us use to establish a command post. We were able to mop it out clean and disinfect the interior. Mold has already started growing inside.
    We stripped the roof, and completely tarped it. Shorty's cottage is now the comand post.
    We worked chainsawing trees and debris until dark. So far there have been very few insects. Most must have been blown away. Sleeping on the boat without bug spray or screens is highly unusual for this area. But with the puddles of pooling water, I'm sure it wont be long before they are buzzing around.
    We returned home this morning without incident. I will be returning soon for another relief trip. I will keep you all posted. Keep the Abaconians in your prayers.

That 85ft yacht that is feeding people is also making 2000 gallons of drinking water a day which is not insignificant. They plan to stay on station for 6 weeks...

Some good posts in here.
    The older I get, I have noticed the less judgmental and kinder I have gotten.
    The truth and facts generally fall somewhere in the middle.
    The place is a mess and as humans we should help to the best of our resources.
    The good things Americans are doing down there rarely make the news in this politically biased shit show
    we are living thru

Trusting CNN's news is like letting your wife pick out your decoy spread.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Trusting CNN's news is like letting your wife pick out your decoy spread.