Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texan's

only if the runner slides feet first. Ted Gin dove backwards....

Article 1: Dead Ball Declared. An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended:
    (a) when a runner is contacted by a defensive player and touches the ground with any part of his body
    other than his hands or feet. The ball is dead the instant the runner touches the ground. A runner
    touching the ground with his hands or feet while in the grasp of an opponent may continue to
    advance; or
    (b) when a runner is held or otherwise restrained so that his forward progress ends; or
    (c) when a quarterback immediately drops to his knee (or simulates dropping to his knee) behind the line
    of scrimmage; or
    (d) when a runner declares himself down by sliding feet first on the ground. The ball is dead the instant
    the runner touches the ground with anything other than his hands or his feet; or
    Note: Defenders are required to treat a sliding runner as they would a runner who is down

He still gave himself up. Officials blow the play dead if a ball carrier goes to the ground and does not attempt anymore forward progress.

Not according to the rulebook.

Just watched the replay. There is a second or two with him on the ground. Refs blow the play dead when he gets touched.
    Last edited by BrandonWagner; 09-10-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Great game! I am not sure how Hopkins continues to get as open as he does when it's third and long or the game is on the line. I'd have 3 guys on him and take my chances with the rest of em. Watson was a beast least night while running for his life half the time. Should have played man last night on that last play, that receiver didn't have a defensive back around him for at least 10 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWagner View Post
    Not according to the rulebook.

Just watched the replay. There is a second or two with him on the ground. Refs blow the play dead when he gets touched.
    Rule 7, Section 2, Article 1-d-1:

An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended:

when a runner declares himself down by:

(d) when a runner declares himself down by: (1) falling to the ground, or kneeling, and clearly making no immediate effort to advance.

Fuck clempson and the Texans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Fuck clempson and the Climp5inin Texans.
    What he said

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Fuck clempson and the Texans.
    Fuck the Reds!

Now that was just hateful as hell

"George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

HELL of a game, hate it for DW and NUK. Boys played their asses off however I KNEW when they left Brees 37 seconds and a timeout with that kicker they were toast

I would second guess DC for playing deep on last play, make them throw long and just make tackle and better chance of running clock out

I will say this , IF they do not get a damn OL DW career is going to be VERY VERY SHORT. Young man takes a hell of a beating

Maybe he can make it another year or so and then ask to be traded to NE and play there. That would put him in NFL HOF
    Last edited by tprice; 09-10-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Texans cut DB today that gave up pass

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...022154247.html