Thread: Feeder Motor Question

Default Feeder Motor Question

Firing some very old feeders back up. What feeder motor kits do you recommend?

The Moultrie programmable ones
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Moultrie just came out with the NXT, it will shock coons, squirrels and you if you make contact with the wires surrounding the spinner plate. Impressive shock, use a quality 6 volt if you get one.

12v? Hard to beat the all seasons feeder ones with the eliminator spinner plates

6v? Just get a moultrie
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Spincast
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/gam...dCatid=3792561

I’ve got these units on 6 650lb feeders. Some of them on their 3rd season. Work well for me

Spincast or on time.

Collectively there are probably 45 spin cast feeders on our club and maybe 10 on time feeders. Have very few issues out of either. Biggest advantage of spincast over on time is set spinner plate height, disadvantage is the batteries. They are on 1000lb feeders that generally feed around 100lbs per week, so they get their share of use.

Most spin cast feeders are 5-10 years old. Occasionally need a circuit board replaced but that’s it
    Last edited by ruffin74; 09-09-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ruffin74 View Post
    Spincast or on time.

Collectively there are probably 45 spin cast feeders on our club and maybe 10 on time feeders. Have very few issues out of either. Biggest advantage of spincast over on time is set spinner plate height, disadvantage is the batteries. They are on 1000lb feeders that generally feed around 100lbs per week, so they get their share of use.

Most spin cast feeders are 5-10 years old. Occasionally need a circuit board replaced but that’s it
    What he said... As long as the spincast base/mount is ok, everything else is rebuildable. They have been great feeders
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog